• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA contract PROGRESS!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah as we pay gate agents and rampers to load CHQ flights--we pay health care cose--hourly wages --401k--sick time for all the ground staff but CHQ has no one to pay but the pilots....I don't know how they can under cut everyone=-----I do--we are providing all the ground support and they pay us NOTHING for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BS anyone ever had a GHQ gate agent in any city or rampers load their plane...??

atrdriver said:
Involuntary Drafting is one thing. Doing it without running it in seniority order, and having that be verifiable is what we need. Getting access to scheduling information is one of my top priorities.
A good point, but what about the common situation where they and maintenance control conspire to keep the 5 hour clock going so they don't have to give you a hotel room? Have you ever picked up an airplane when maintenance said it would be ready? This week I've experienced the results of maintenance control intentionally putting completely unrealistic times out for crew scheduling because they were trying to keep a pilots on duty to move airplanes. Aside from the pilot pushing problems, you have line maintenance guys getting pushed. To top it off, then the VP if Flight Ops comes out with a nasty gram calling ALPA safety and line pilots liars when they try to warn others about what is happening out there. If nothing else, the ALPA Safety folks might make line pilots a little more careful, which is a good thing - there was not a down side to what ALPA Safety reported - just the Management does not like taking any responsibility for their decisions.

Access to information doesn't do squat if those lying, liars, lie about the times. The only answer is to prohibit scheduling abuse in its entirety. If you give them wiggle room they will find a way to screw you with it. They have absolutely no integrity and engage in pilot pushing as sport.

If they need more pilots, they can flippin hire more pilots.

Last edited:
scarlet said:
Yeah as we pay gate agents and rampers to load CHQ flights--we pay health care cose--hourly wages --401k--sick time for all the ground staff but CHQ has no one to pay but the pilots....I don't know how they can under cut everyone=-----I do--we are providing all the ground support and they pay us NOTHING for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BS anyone ever had a GHQ gate agent in any city or rampers load their plane...??

Are you sure CHQ pays "NOTHING for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"? I was under the impression they paid "someone" for it.

GO AROUND said:
Sniff, Sniff....

I can already smell the brakes burning when things come to a screeching halt when compensation is discussed. I'm thinking 8's and climbing on the BTMS.

If they want a 5 yr deal from DOS then it is going to cost them retro pay, Longevity and COLA's or I won't sign. Otherwise start negotiating in Sept 07.

NO Retro pay for you! Your contract never expired just became amendable. Its not a hard contract that expires on the day like a sports contract. Retro pay is an insane demand.

D'Angelo said:
Retro pay is an insane demand.

WHY??? If we don't demand it and get it all we are saying to our managment is that it is ok to drag there feet during negotiations. Back pay is all we have as a union to keep them honest in the negotiations, otherwise it will always take 4 yrs to negotiate.

D'Angelo is one of the biggest flamebaiters here. Ignore the little twirp.

D'Angelo said:
NO Retro pay for you! Your contract never expired just became amendable. Its not a hard contract that expires on the day like a sports contract. Retro pay is an insane demand.

Really D'AngelHO!?! I would have never known that if you were'nt around. A**munch.

Doesn't make a difference to me or the majority of pilots at ASA what you call it, retro pay or no 5yr from DOS.

You act like noone has ever gotten retro pay before so we will not get it. The latest was Coex.

Go crawl back under Fred's desk where you belong. Your lady must be getting jealous of him by now.

Again the contract takes how long it takes and thats that. thats why you call it NEGOTIATION. You do not deserve retro pay at all. It doesnt matter how long feet are dragged. Again your contract never expired. NO RETRO PAY FOR YOU NEXT!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back