on a positive note. All remaining open items and issues in our contract's
Scheduling section have been resolved. The formal process of ratifying a
Tentative Agreement (T/A) on Section 13 will have to wait until later
though. Negotiators ran out of time Friday to conduct a final review and
signing of the revised section.

Additionally, open items in Section 24 - Filling of Vacancies have been
whittled down to only a handful. A final resolution of that section is
expected soon.

Negotiations will resume in Orlando May 1-3.

It isn't TA'ed yet. Remember what happened last time. They agreed on 2 or 3 sections and then the company refused to TA them. I'm guardedly optimistic, but don't be surprised if the company refuses to TA Section 13 on May 1st because, "It's part of a package deal with some other sections" or some such nonsense.

Airboss said:
Negotiators Agree on Scheduling Section

This round of pilot contract negotiations in Washington, DC concluded Friday
on a positive note. All remaining open items and issues in our contract's
Scheduling section have been resolved. The formal process of ratifying a
Tentative Agreement (T/A) on Section 13 will have to wait until later
though. Negotiators ran out of time Friday to conduct a final review and
signing of the revised section.

Additionally, open items in Section 24 - Filling of Vacancies have been
whittled down to only a handful. A final resolution of that section is
expected soon.

Negotiations will resume in Orlando May 1-3.

Those who really need to know can go to the ASA ALPA site & read it. No need for management to see everyones opinion. Like it or not, the only thing management needs to here right now is "my union speaks for me". Everything else only gives them more reason to try to fracture the pilot group. (not that they have done a good job up until now!)

The point being - if you work for ASA and you want to discuss the contract, do it on the private (well, semi-private) site. Not one that BL and JA can read.

Last edited:
If you think BL and JA can't read the ALPA boards, you are sorely mistaken. Even if they can't read it, we have enough rat b@stard pilots on our seniority lists that will pass anything relevant from the ALPA board right up the ladder. By the way, we know who you guys are.

Maybe mgmt. is beginning to cave to get the contract settled since we did not get the Continental bid. Yeah Right.

• If section 13 allows continued involuntary junior manning, I'm voting NO. A day off is not reserve at time and a half.

~~~^~~~ said:
  • If section 13 allows continued involuntary junior manning, I'm voting NO. A day off is not reserve at time and a half.

Involuntary Drafting is one thing. Doing it without running it in seniority order, and having that be verifiable is what we need. Getting access to scheduling information is one of my top priorities.

FmrFreightDog said:
If you think BL and JA can't read the ALPA boards, you are sorely mistaken. Even if they can't read it, we have enough rat b@stard pilots on our seniority lists that will pass anything relevant from the ALPA board right up the ladder. By the way, we know who you guys are.

yea, I know they can get their lackies to give them information, but there's no use making it easy on them.

atrdriver said:
Involuntary Drafting is one thing. Doing it without running it in seniority order, and having that be verifiable is what we need. Getting access to scheduling information is one of my top priorities.

Couldn't agree more, especially since this costs the company NOTHING.

Trojan

Sniff, Sniff....

I can already smell the brakes burning when things come to a screeching halt when compensation is discussed. I'm thinking 8's and climbing on the BTMS.

If they want a 5 yr deal from DOS then it is going to cost them retro pay, Longevity and COLA's or I won't sign. Otherwise start negotiating in Sept 07.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back