• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CarjCapt said:
3. And as "Fins" says the very most important issue is "SCOPE"
You will be much better off in the long run if you make sure Delta Air Lines
is part and parcel of your scope language.QUOTE]

But just remember, no pilot group can have scope over the DL code, only their own aircraft. That would be predatory. DL should be allowed to RFP all of their code. Well at least according to the RJDC.

1. Can the DAL pilot group, or any pilot group own/control their code?

In a word, NO. The “code” under which your airline operates is not owned by the Delta pilots and it is not controlled by the Delta pilots. The “code” is owned by Delta Air Lines, Inc. and they alone “control” it. The same applies to other “codes” owned by other airlines.

Last edited:
FDJ2 :

Enjoy it while it lasts.

~~~^~~~

Tim47SIP said:
MONEY ISN'T EVERYTHING? I don't think we will see Comair rates...

Tim is making a very critical point and I'm afraid he isn't being heard. If we all just lower our pay scales we can beat MESA to the bottom, everyone will get to be a captain and then we can all be one big happy family.

Sorry Tim, if there were a volunteer airline company I wouldn't sign up for that either.

I'm here because I like the work, but what keeps me walking up to the ops desk every morning is the money that gets deposited in my account twice a month.

Don't settle for less money, our contractual payscales need to be representative of what others in the industry have achieved.

ALPA, at the direction of the Delta MEC has put us in a lose / lose situation. We can't achieve a contract without going the direction of all the other alter ego outfits that have increased costs. I believe the best thing for us as individuals and collectively is just to find work elsewhere.

~~~^~~~

Lighten up Francis!

Tim you are so full of yourself! If CMR rates are the standard, or COEX rates are, then we deserve the same. And we will obtain them! While you remain on military leave IN THE STATES we are out here everyday fighting and putting up with ASA's crap. And when you return you will benefit from our little battles. Of course, I don't expect to see you out on the picket line anytime soon either! You don't know what's going on here because you've been gone so long. So, while you're entitled to your opinion, you really don't know what this pilot group wants do you?

All right guys! maybe I didn't word that post very well. What I was saying is dont put everything in one basket. I WAS NOT stating to take pay CUTS for growth (bad example), NOR was I implying pay cuts at all as you deserve much more than you make now. What I was trying to say is that Comair rates may not be possible in todays environment and that you may want to go after QOL issues that are obtainable. Like I said in my previous post, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Freedood, I am also sorry that I am on MLOA IN THE STATES! I guess that makes me a coward. Well it was here in the states or Korea for 24 months. Since I spent 22 years AD and most of that time away from my family, I thought I would try to be home a little more. I appologize for making the wrong decision. I would also be there on the pickett line if it were legal for me to do so, but it is not. And if you know me, then you also know that I stay in close contact with no less than 15 individuals from the GO, training dept, and line guys on a weekly basis. You must also know who those individuals are. I get a pretty good idea of what the pilot group wants, and I want the same as they do. I want the best for you guys as well. Heck! I hope you get all the QOL issues and Comair +1%. Do you deserve it, of course! Is it achievable with Delta's current situation? Maybe, maybe not. The CNC will work those issues.

P.S. I have only been gone 10 months. Have a great day.

FDJ2 said:
[

So you understand fully what I meant by:

"You will be much better off in the long run if you make sure Delta Air Lines is part and parcel of your scope language."

That means ASA pilots would negotiate with Delta Air Lines Management directly instead of the puppet management that Delta Air Lines pulls the strings on today.

That would be very difficult to accomplish because of the forces against, such as but not limited to ASA Management, Delta Air Lines Management, DALPA and ALPA National.

We don't know yet. We have to continue with our attempts to negotiate a contract with a party that has no authority to make decisions on our contract.

If you have ever done a big deal in South America with three dozen intermediaries, you get the idea. We are still negotiating with the Generalissimo's second cousin, Pedro.

"Oh no Senior, he no can do that. No mas dinero. Pardon, mui Pardon, perhaps you like a little plastic sombraero instead of any time off for siesta?"

~~~^~~~ said:
FDJ2 :

Enjoy it while it lasts.

~~~^~~~

Fins, why were your answers so different from Surplus's answers? Would you still support the lawsuit knowing that your understanding of the relief section was so wrong? Or was Surplus's understanding wrong?

Last edited:
CarjCapt said:
FDJ2 said:
[

So you understand fully what I meant by:

"You will be much better off in the long run if you make sure Delta Air Lines is part and parcel of your scope language."

That means ASA pilots would negotiate with Delta Air Lines Management directly instead of the puppet management that Delta Air Lines pulls the strings on today.

That would be very difficult to accomplish because of the forces against, such as but not limited to ASA Management, Delta Air Lines Management, DALPA and ALPA National.

You might want to also throw in the RJDC, which believes that scope that controls an airline's code is illegal. Viva the whipsaw, RFP's for everyone and no scope for anyone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back