ASA Contract key items

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FDJ2 :

Surplus and I agree - the current contract made without the participation of the people who should have been a party is illegal and should be voided. That only means that another contract would be written, or that the parties would agree to a revision of the current contract. Given the current state of the Comair and ASA MEC's, who knows?

Once the regional guys get the same rights to representation that you enjoy it is up to their Pilots, their Local Reps, MEC's and ALPA National what they do with that representation. I can not pretend to speak for all those folks, all I can say is that they have a right to be heard.

ASA's contract will not change scope as we know it. The ASA MEC is not even asking ALPA National for our representational rights. They believe that fight was lost at the 2000 BOD.

But, the water at ASA and Comair was poisioned by ALPA's conduct at the 2,000 BOD and that malfeasance continues to cause problems at our employer today. ASA pilots are very concerned about MESA, Comair's concessions for jets and already I can tell you that Republic will try to replace the United deal with another Delta deal. Every one of these deals is a threat to the pay, working conditions and job security of every ASA pilot.

This is not like other struggles for representation. The repressed have few options if you do not allow them to use representational tools. A "strike" is similar to rioting in the streets - it shuts down the economy. You and your buddies have put ASA pilots in the position where the only way that they can have their voices heard is to shut this place down and that is what I expect they will do.

~~~^~~~

I think it goes without saying that the money we make is substandard, however, this should be the real eye-opener to management.

I will "accept" our pay rates as sub-standard due to the current economy eventhough you pseudo-delta managers are paid quite well. However, I will strike until the cows come home if the scheduling issues and quality of life issues are not fixed. I believe that about everyone at ASA would agree.

Example, Occourance program. What grade are we in? This type of management is for Military schools. Why not have a system where we can march off demerits? I can see it now... "What did John do? Oh, he got sick three times within three months, he's got to march for three hours around the flag pole"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back