ASA Contract key items

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fins.....

While I agree with a lot of your post, and you have even given me a few other items to think about......remember, Mesa has those rates/costs because their pilots trade pay/QOL for growth. JO consistently dangles growth, or loss of it (Freedumb) to coerce them into below standard contracts. Mesa is profitable, flying RJ's to feed their regional partners. (Ghast ----- can it be possible Gen Lee??????)
Comair took a pay freeze, because they were dangled cool new airplanes with wing mounted engines (that they havent ordered). The freeze is still BETTER than ANYTHING we at ASA have in our contract. Also, XJET got 100% retro pay in todays economy with a major partner hurting financially, although nowhere near as bad as Delta. IMO, WE MUST hold the line to get WHAT WE ARE WORTH! Although GL will argue (I know, I know.....53 bajillion zillion dollars of RJ debt) we are not the problem with Delta. Zero net gain aint gonna cut it!

OH PLEASE... YOU need to SHUT THE F%$# UP... YOu do not have a leg to stand on... The only reason you will get anything out of this new contract is becasue of your fellow crew members that get out and WALK THE LINE, support the union, and git er done.. YOu are the weakest spineless pile of dung on our SR list and you dont deserve anything from the new contract, because you have done nothing to promote the efforts to gain it.. If anything, you encouraged the prolonging of negotiations through your anti labor/pro managment rant and rave.

Our new contract should have a clause that states "Everything in this new contract applies to all pilots on the SR list EXCEPT oh please (what ever you real name is)".

If they take premium away, so be it... there better be a major increase in pay to compensate for the premium.

Also you FACTS are so screwed up! What about all the jet guys that fly naps! Also, For JUNE there are only 2 lines blocked under 75 hours.

They had better not mess with premium. Premium is all that keeps this airline on time. Removing the only incentive we have for the performance that makes our connecting passengers happy would be a mistake.

rumrnr78 said:
Hello ASA Brothers and Sisters- Got the ol' "financial prep for a strike" newsletter and I got to thinking of what would be the key items I want to see in a new contract. Obviously, clean up scheduling language, etc. But to narrow it down to two that I need to see to even consider signing are:

1. 100% retro pay

2. commuter clause

Looking forward to the responses, fly safe and fly the contract! Rum

Does this mean if you take pay cuts, will you give 100% pay back to the company that you were overpaid?
Just asking?

Full of LUV said:
Does this mean if you take pay cuts, will you give 100% pay back to the company that you were overpaid?
Just asking?

Idiot.

Money is not everything!

I don't think we will see Comair rates, but QOL issues may be a different story. It seems that Screw Scheduling is more worried about the possibility of a pilot getting over than getting the job done (sounds like the Army). They go out of their way to ensure the pilots are as miserable as possible. This is where we need to clean house. Long call reserves, commuter clause, and efficient scheduling should be the key issues. Even a 10% increase in pay would not offset these important issues. And if you are going to strike over key issues, make sure you will recoup your losses you might incur. For some, 45 days or so of lost pay may make your situation unrecoverable. An increase in wages might not be the end all as these negotiations are concluded. Growth is much more benificial to your bottom line that meager increases in hourly pay. Moving to the left seat almost doubles your pay and greatly improves QOL for junion FO's moving up to replace you. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Last edited:
While you may call me a "buttinsky" but as a recipient of 3 CMR contracts and on the Contract Study committee for 2, I can tell you from experience (with a 89 day strike) the following:

1. The "retro" will be nothing like you speculate.
2. You will gain some QOL issues.
3. And as "Fins" says the very most important issue is "SCOPE"
You will be much better off in the long run if you make sure Delta Air Lines
is part and parcel of your scope language.

And as addendum, hopefully before you are sold, that you get fragmentation language in Section 1 that will prevent ASA assets sold without the pilots going with them.

PS: The aviatar is a picture of a LOA placed in front of our Chief Pilot's office.

Last edited:
Tim47SIP said:
Growth is much more benificial to your bottom line that meager increases in hourly pay. Moving to the left seat almost doubles your pay and greatly improves QOL for junion FO's moving up to replace you. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

That's brilliant. Since when are pilot contracts about growth(Comair)? I think FO's need to suck it up. I never arrived at this airline expecting to make a fortune in the right seat, nor did I expect to upgrade as quickly as I did. But never would I offer my pay for the chance to do it. NEVER. For those less fortunate in timing, let's not give away the bank so a few poor FO's can upgrade to that all coveted left seat. Once you're there, 70k isn't jack sh1t either. Then what?

>>>>I don't think we will see Comair rates, but QOL issues may be a different story.<<<<

Tim you are so full of yourself! If CMR rates are the standard, or COEX rates are, then we deserve the same. And we will obtain them! While you remain on military leave IN THE STATES we are out here everyday fighting and putting up with ASA's crap. And when you return you will benefit from our little battles. Of course, I don't expect to see you out on the picket line anytime soon either! You don't know what's going on here because you've been gone so long. So, while you're entitled to your opinion, you really don't know what this pilot group wants do you?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back