ASA Contract key items

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rumrnr78

Hello ASA Brothers and Sisters- Got the ol' "financial prep for a strike" newsletter and I got to thinking of what would be the key items I want to see in a new contract. Obviously, clean up scheduling language, etc. But to narrow it down to two that I need to see to even consider signing are:

1. 100% retro pay

2. commuter clause

Looking forward to the responses, fly safe and fly the contract! Rum

How about trip rigs, duty rigs, and minimum day. This will FORCE the company in to efficient scheduling.

Seniority based reserve system, that is VERIFIED and ENFORCED. We need full access to CrewTrak. Comair has this and they can tell when scheduling is lying to them--consequently, they don't lie as much.

And, or course, 100% retro pay. We simply cannot back down on this.

Lets make a big showing of support at the share holders meeting this week. If we get their attention that we mean business we can push for many improvements.

UNTIL THEN

FLY LOW FLY FAST, BURN SKIPS GAS

rumrnr78 said:
Hello ASA Brothers and Sisters- Got the ol' "financial prep for a strike" newsletter and I got to thinking of what would be the key items I want to see in a new contract. Obviously, clean up scheduling language, etc. But to narrow it down to two that I need to see to even consider signing are:

1. 100% retro pay

2. commuter clause

Looking forward to the responses, fly safe and fly the contract! Rum

Has it occured to you that CMR struck for 89 days and was almost shut down and didn't get 100% retro pay? I would love to see it, but I think you;re dreaming if you think we have a snowballs chance in he11 of getting 100%. Trip and duty rigs are the most important thing we can get to improve our QOL. Remember that this next contract is going to have to get us by another 7 or 8 years.

Well we all have different things as priorities on our list. In my opinion we are gonna gain some things in this contract but we have to be prepared to give up others i.e.(premium) possibly. Although I hate to be that pesimistic and even though we are making money although no one really knows how much. I think we ought to look at the new contract Xpressjet got. A lot of people said its a great contract but if you really look at it all they got that's great is the 9 hour reserve callout as far as money goes they didn't do that great. I'm a commuter and would like to see a commuter clause but I would much rather make more money at this point. just my two cents.

atrdriver said:
Has it occured to you that CMR struck for 89 days and was almost shut down and didn't get 100% retro pay? I would love to see it, but I think you;re dreaming if you think we have a snowballs chance in he11 of getting 100%. Trip and duty rigs are the most important thing we can get to improve our QOL. Remember that this next contract is going to have to get us by another 7 or 8 years.

Coex got 100% retro just a few months ago. It can happen.

If we let the retro pay issue go, then what good is a contract anyway? Management then has no motivation to negotiate a new contract when that time comes. Much like they are doing now. Instead of signing a four year contract, it would really be closer to an eight year contract because negotiations would drag on for that long, maybe longer.

kikejavy said:
Well we all have different things as priorities on our list. In my opinion we are gonna gain some things in this contract but we have to be prepared to give up others i.e.(premium) possibly. Although I hate to be that pesimistic and even though we are making money although no one really knows how much. I think we ought to look at the new contract Xpressjet got. A lot of people said its a great contract but if you really look at it all they got that's great is the 9 hour reserve callout as far as money goes they didn't do that great. I'm a commuter and would like to see a commuter clause but I would much rather make more money at this point. just my two cents.

Did you really look at it? We have a 2 hour callout and a 12-hour callout, but no 9 as you say. Also, leg-by-leg pay adds some cash. I don't know if ASA currently has that or not.

Good luck with the contract- I think it would be great if you beat our payrates, but just remember to look at the complete package and work rules- the hourly rate is just the multiplier.

Also, you may not want to put your cards out on the table (what you'd settle for, etc.) on a public forum where management can see your bottom line. But it's your contract, so that's just my 2 cents.

Giving up premium is equal to concessions.. WHen I am underblock, I make between 200 and 500 dollars extra a month just for getting there 5 or less minutes ahead of scheduled block.

Funny thing is that 200-500 dollars a month is about 1/3 of my entire post tax paycheck... I had to quit contributions to my 401 K, just to get by pay check to paycheck. I make 34.84 per hour, 3rd year ASA

KEEP PREMIUM

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back