Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Connection.....(Or should I say "Concession?")

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm very suprised that Skywest Inc. didn't lock in some sort of mechanism that would have prevented the likes of Compass and Mesaba from posing a threat. Actaully, as it is written, DAL could form as many of it's own DCI carriers as it wanted too just for the express purpose of voiding ASA's agreement with DAL. Plain and simple deal is, we can't compete, labor wise, with a junior upstart, such as Compass.

Regarding a 2-1 swap. The less airframes we operate, the more we cost. We need airframes to get cost in line, not lose them. I'm hoping DAL tosses us a bone in the way of the airframes, and trims fat from other hubs as their primary reduction in feeder flying. However, with that said- "hope don't float"....

Regarding the pay cuts, in my view. I refuse to do anything until I see how Pinnicle shapes up with their contract. They've still got theirs to go, along with Republic. It's also going to be interesting to see where this "minimum contract requirement clause" heads, under the guise of the DAL MEC and the DCI contract carriers.

All I know, is I know what I'm worth, and it's more than I currently make. I'm not giving up one dime at this company, so my advise to them would be to explore other avenues. Scheduling, hotels, pbs, etc- it's not up to me to carry the weight of managements burden. I'm very pro ASA, and I'll continue to pour my heart out for the company and it's people, but I've got a price for that loyalty, and it's what I currently make.

Here's hoping that our tallented management team prevails and comes through..........

Last time I counted, losing 20 aircraft and getting 10 back was a net loss of 10. Rather large difference, but a loss none the less.

You are right....but, everybody forgets, we are currently staffed for the 10 900's, but still have all of the 20 200's in our fleet. So, when they leave it will feel like a loss of 20 more aircraft at that time. It's not like we are hiring for these 10 900's. In fact, even with these 900's coming on property, we are still fat on pilots. So, in theory, next summer when they take out the 20 200's from our fleet, we will then be 100 FO's over staffed at that time. Again, that is only if nothing else changes....

Just look at the airlines that have "booted" Comair from CVG. That's where the problem lies. Now they are in ATL and doing the same thing to ASA.
Comair was once the regional all others tried to emulate, and look how they have been treated. Mainline doesn't care as long as they cut costs to the bone, but cheapest isn't always better, and it's going to bite them later.
Same thing with the ground handling thing. ASA doesn't have more than a few stations left. Mesaba and Pinchnickel have poached them all away, and they're doing a real bad job since taking over. They won't even open up a station after hours to handle a diversion if it's not one ot their flights! This is causing a real headache with our dispatchers when flight planning.

i talked to several alpa guys who said no concessions were even discussed. where do you get all the doom and gloom from? things are tough now, i imagine that our q1 results arent good. isnt it a good thing that they are meeting. i dont see concessions even being asked for, more likely they will try other options well before pay to save dough. thank god we pilots are so well educated on perfect managment techniques. just shut up and fly.

Remember the last time they showed the MEC our financials? Furloughs followed closely behind that little chit-chat. You can bet smething is going on-no company shows anyone stuf like that without a good reason.

You are right....but, everybody forgets, we are currently staffed for the 10 900's, but still have all of the 20 200's in our fleet. So, when they leave it will feel like a loss of 20 more aircraft at that time. It's not like we are hiring for these 10 900's. In fact, even with these 900's coming on property, we are still fat on pilots. So, in theory, next summer when they take out the 20 200's from our fleet, we will then be 100 FO's over staffed at that time. Again, that is only if nothing else changes....

What if those Delta Connection 50 seat airplanes have a home with another Legacy Carrier? We are gaining ground here, so much information is not privy to us at the frontlines. BH all but said at the town hall meetings we have homes for all the 50 seats we are "loosing" (had to do that to keep FI real). Perhaps there is more out there we are not aware of. In the SkyW Inc. 4th Qtr. earning report, Brad Rich, CFO said they had found homes for 7 of our 20 and were very optomistic about finding homes for the other 13. Additionally, what if they found homes for another 25-30, all the while getting 19-20 90 seat aircraft? I'm very impressed that at the town hall meetings, pay cuts or any other type of concession wasn't even talked about. Not even casually.

Trojan

They won't even open up a station after hours to handle a diversion if it's not one ot their flights! This is causing a real headache with our dispatchers when flight planning.

Wow. You think that would be a violation of the contract to handle that station.

I think ASA should have the planes divert there anyway, then call the FBO over to handle the airplane and send the bill to Delta.

Latest resources

Back