Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Connection.....(Or should I say "Concession?")

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have to get costs there one way or another. If you are so smart you would have read the contract that DAL and ASA agreed to three years ago.

If you do not get the costs in to the bottom two, DAL has the right to impose those costs on you, you can accept that, or they take your flying.
Read some of the posts on it. It sucks but that is what your former management and SKW's Jerry Atkin agreed to when they bought ASA.

Are you actually suggesting regional pilots to take concessions? Do you remember what we make?

If I ever take concessions from the sh** pay I already make, I will leave this "job." I didn't go into flying for the money, but I also didn't take it to make a penny less than what I make now. Fact is us FO's will be here on the right seat a long time with age 65 and no one else moving on. Less than $30-35K as highly trained professional to fly transport aircraft? There are a million other ways to cut costs than impose concessions on the pilot group.

You can go f*** yourself.

I am not saying the pilots need to do anything. I am saying ASA will need to do it. I do not think the pilots should have to give up anything.
It needs to come from the inefficiencies of the operation, ie the GO.
But I will go f myself, thanks!

Are you actually suggesting regional pilots to take concessions? Do you remember what we make?

If I ever take concessions from the sh** pay I already make, I will leave this "job." I didn't go into flying for the money, but I also didn't take it to make a penny less than what I make now. Fact is us FO's will be here on the right seat a long time with age 65 and no one else moving on. Less than $30-35K as highly trained professional to fly transport aircraft? There are a million other ways to cut costs than impose concessions on the pilot group.

You can go f*** yourself.

-Pretty much my sentiments. ACL65 loves to bash us, then come back and write nice things about what a great bunch we are.

-ACL needs to understand the "good cop/bad cop" routine works far better when there are two separate cops involved. If you do it all yourself-ACL, you just look like a tool.

-It has been a long time since ACL flew an "50 seater" or "barbie-jet," or whatever clever euphemism is in vogue over at the red triangle club at the moment. This guy has been assimilated, and really hates us just as much as the General. The only problem with ACL is he tries to play nice every once in a while to attempt to keep up his "street-cred."

-As far as many of these ass-clowns are concerned-we ARE the enemy, and THEY should be flying 757s to DHN.

-I'll bet, truth be told, ACL probably refers to us as employed by the lowly "commuter" he used to fly for, when he is jaw-jacking with all his new red triangle pals.

-ACL doesn't fool me for a second.

P.S.-Skywest already flushed most of the riff-raff out of the G.O. (they flushed three times, just for good measure.) They actually do a far better job of running things than any of the previous guys (DALupper mgmt.) did, so there ain't a lot to cut other than our pay-and that will be next-oughta save enough to buy lots of shiny new red triangles for all the really important pilots....

Last edited:
How about a 2 for lick my nads!

ASA had better not accept another one of these deals. Another one of these will lead to major furloughs and downgrades. We already will need to eliminate nearly 100 more FO positions (at 5 per pland times 20 planes) if we find no flying for the 20 when they are due to leave next summer.

Add in another 10 900's at a loss of 20 more 200's......we would need to shed 200 FO's and downgrade 100+ Captains! No thanks!

They are going away in any case. Might as well get some 900s in exchange.

My guess is if they were to force concessions, the place would get torn down. Not worth the cost.

Instead of "burning the place down," just leave. That way you don't have to work at the crappy company that pissed in your cornflakes, and the rest of us get to keep our jobs.

Instead of "burning the place down," just leave. That way you don't have to work at the crappy company that pissed in your cornflakes, and the rest of us get to keep our jobs.

Here is a serious question- Where do you draw the line?

-Does everyone have to go to Mesa wages and QOL, maybe back to Trans States wages from 15 yrs. ago? The Capt. who was in the ATR crash at Roselawn was actively interviewing at Wal-Mart to be a manager trainee, so he could make much MORE money than Eagle was paying...

Sure, there will always be someone who wants to fly a plane for $15k per year, and so forth, but would you buy a ticket on that plane? Do you really want to go back to that world? Do our passengers?

CRJ567.
You just spew venom.
You assume everything. You do not know jack. Spouting off about me and what I think is just plain juvenile. I tell you what I think. Why gives a crud about street cred, really?
I have many friends over at EV. Great people. This is a fricken job, that is it. There is life outside of it. Just do what is best for your family. For me it was taking a seniority hit, coming to mainline and making a go of it over here. It may not be that way for you, fine.
The worse thing about working for DCI was the fact that it was contract work. Contracts end. That in effect is the reason I made the move, so just quit your party line about me. I can tell you you have got the mainline mentality all wrong.
Most guys over here do not even understand the DCI mainline deal. They just come to work, and go home.

As for having to reduce costs. The problem is the other DCI operators that have costs so low, no one can effectively compete with them. That is the problem. Compass has costs 30% below anyone else, and that will never change due to the flow. That is an achilleies heel in your DCI contract. Mesa will be gone in a few years which is great for everyone.

P.S.-Skywest already flushed most of the riff-raff out of the G.O. (they flushed three times, just for good measure.) They actually do a far better job of running things than any of the previous guys (DALupper mgmt.) did, so there ain't a lot to cut other than our pay-and that will be next-oughta save enough to buy lots of shiny new red triangles for all the really important pilots....

They need to flush one more time, there's still a floater or two...

i talked to several alpa guys who said no concessions were even discussed. where do you get all the doom and gloom from? things are tough now, i imagine that our q1 results arent good. isnt it a good thing that they are meeting. i dont see concessions even being asked for, more likely they will try other options well before pay to save dough. thank god we pilots are so well educated on perfect managment techniques. just shut up and fly.

Latest resources

Back