ASA = Clownshow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what's the final tally?

Gary Hall - Out of the GO? Back to the line? Gone?

Who else?

Gone. The rest of the Department is off to Delta on the 16th.

I think the folks in the GO are scared because they know they could be next on the chopping block. Our performance numbers have steadily decreased since Skip, and got worse under Brian. In some categories, if our numbers increased by 50%, we'd still be dead last. The Corporate Culture is an obscene nightmare. Our staffing levels are hanging on by a thread, and that's only because good people are being abused with extensions and Jr. Manning. Only one way to fix it. ASA should die. Clean out the GO, and let Skywest absorb the rest. I feel this is why if you're in a mgmt. position, you should be scared, furthermore, if you're in a mgmt. position at ASA, shame on you for the monumentally crappy job you have done at this company.

Trojan

Even though I absolutely HATE USC, Im gonna have to give you a pass and agree with you on this one... From someone who used to work in the GO before heading out to fly the line, that place is a clownshow almost as bad, if not worse, than our daily line operations. I dont know how many days I would note people taking 3 hour lunches or sitting around in their cube blabbing about their son's tournament, their new boat, or whatever else for hours on end.... I have seen projects that are one MAYBE two day jobs, AT MOST, take over three months. I mean... how long have we been trying to get an ASAP program now?? I KNOW at least 4 years. AT LEAST 4.

So from another thread, but still very related.... Did Gary Hall and Sorrell get fired or what??? Anyone know the deal with that??[/quote]

That's Okay Jacks, I ABSOLUTELY HATE Mr. T and the SEC....;-) hey, that rhymed.....

The G.O. needs to go....wow, I'm on a roll..... One of recurrent ground instructors here, and IP was saying there were 3 rules to working at the GO....
1) Always look like you're busy or simply be out doing office errands (hence the fact nobody picks up the phone)
2) Nobody can clearly define exactly what you do
and I forgot the 3rd....It was pretty funny. Maybe it was always make sure your lips are branded on the supervisors behind? Can't remember, maybe somebody else can help me out.

I would agree with the assessment ASA is going away. The brand name and mgmt. are. This company has been a cash cow. I don't have the numbers but I've even been told the most profitable airline in the history of U.S. aviation. Now that may be a stretch, however, nobody can refute that it's a gold mine. Look at our service and look at our profits. ASA will die in brand name only. Management will be replaced....But I wonder where they'll go? Can we start a new thread of "Where are they now?" Where's Skip after he tanked Carribean Sun? Where's Drew Bedson? Where will Brian L. end up? Where will our ol' friend Charlie be? And let's not forget Eva either.....

Trojan

The sad thing is that the scenario you describe happens all too often in Atlanta for one reason or another. It has gotten slightly better but I wouldn't let that stop you from bailing if the opportunity arises. Hopefully Skywest Inc. will un-FUBAR the operation.

Why un-FUBAR something that isn't broke? You are making money (completion factor) hand over fist (or is that fist in the rectum?) so what's to fix? SGU could care less about your internal problems as long as the money keeps rolling in.................IMHO.

Speaking of double-breasted jackets, the Delta uniform has to be the most gay looking uniform with that jacket. What do they think they are? business men? Give me a break. Delta pilots will ALWAYS be whiners asking for another "wind check".

Speaking of double-breasted jackets, the Delta uniform has to be the most gay looking uniform with that jacket. What do they think they are? business men? Give me a break. Delta pilots will ALWAYS be whiners asking for another "wind check".

What gets me about the Delta guys is EVERY time you check on with tower in ATL they will say something like "Delta ###, wind 310 @ 15 you're number 2 behind an ERJ on 1 mile final. Cleared to land" Then.....like clockwork the Delta guy will as for a windcheck!!!! Grrrrrrr. They just told you what the wind was you dumbass!!!

While we're bashing Delta pilots, why do they always make eye contact then look away when we try to say hi to them in the concourse?

Latest resources

Back