Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jacksjj

In thrust we trust.
We were into ATL 15 minutes early yesterday and After the pax got off, it was like everyone on the ramp and upstairs just disappeared. Seriously, it was like a magic trick....POOF! Gone. There was NO ONE around. After a few minutes of sitting there, and realizing something was OBVIOUSLY going on... we decided to wait to see how long it was going to take to get this show on the road without us going out of our way.

So, when we were about 20 minutes late already, ops calls us and says "Uh....whats the holdup?" About the same time, a "supervisor" walked up and asked us what was taking us so long to get outta there. After telling him what was going on, he said "Oh, Ill go inside and check it out." About two minutes later, he comes...and Im not kidding you.... SPRINTING back outside with the release in his hand and said "OH MY GOD!!!! There is noone up there!!!"

So after we do our business and are ready to leave town, he comes in and tells us that Delta only gave the folks a two hour window to take their drug tests, and they were all gone. ALL OF THEM.

Nice.

Got to love it. If DAL does not take a lot of this flying in house, they deserve what they are going to get. ASA is a joke.

The sad thing is that the scenario you describe happens all too often in Atlanta for one reason or another. It has gotten slightly better but I wouldn't let that stop you from bailing if the opportunity arises. Hopefully Skywest Inc. will un-FUBAR the operation.

The sad thing is that the scenario you describe happens all too often in Atlanta for one reason or another. It has gotten slightly better but I wouldn't let that stop you from bailing if the opportunity arises. Hopefully Skywest Inc. will un-FUBAR the operation.

Don't you think after two years of owning us and everything getting worse, SKYW would've done something by now? They have no desire to fix things if it doesn't affect their wallet. There have been no substantial changes in our operations and there won't be. Just like after every other bad press release there will be an announcement that they're going to make changes that won't add up to more than window dressing and excuses to SGU.

Don't you think after two years of owning us and everything getting worse, SKYW would've done something by now? They have no desire to fix things if it doesn't affect their wallet. There have been no substantial changes in our operations and there won't be. Just like after every other bad press release there will be an announcement that they're going to make changes that won't add up to more than window dressing and excuses to SGU.
Give them some credit, now every flight attendant that calls in sick has to have a doctors note. This should get to the bottom of all the problems

40 minutes late waiting on fuel. AS1G is helping sick this ship. Probably the 15th time over the last months that lack of fuel has caused a delay.

DAL thinks they can run our operation with half the staff. That's what I am hearing from the ramp folks. Gotta love it!

lets start a petition for single carrier operations and get rid of the GO in ATL--lets have a vote for single carrier ALPA--

to ACL65....I say Delta takes it all in house...merge all of the carriers into one list, DOH, and you would be junior to me now.....

I'm just kidding (publically....privately I'm not)

Latest resources

Back