• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA = Clownshow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So let me get this straight... you leave ASA, go to Delta, and now all of a sudden you think Delta should take back our flying and shut down ASA? What's going on over there? Do the double breasted jackets suddenly turn you into an a$$hole?
Well, you've never worn one and you're a huge a$$hole!

TOOL CRIB said:
That'd be awesome if Delta took back most of our flying. It might hurt some newhire FO's and those captains who are lifers here, but for the majority, more mainline jobs is great.

Its nice to see that some people still understand that!

Well, you've never worn one and you're a huge a$$hole!

Uh, hello, pot, it's the kettle calling...

Congratulations, loser... you've finally earned it:

737 Pylt
This message is hidden because 737 Pylt is on your ignore list.

Ahhh! Finally, sweet relief!

Uh, hello, pot, it's the kettle calling...

Congratulations, loser... you've finally earned it:

737 Pylt
This message is hidden because 737 Pylt is on your ignore list.

Ahhh! Finally, sweet relief!

The adult equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and shouting "nyah nyah I can't hear you!"

The adult equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and shouting "nyah nyah I can't hear you!"

Nevertheless. A good way to avoid someone who NEVER has anything intelligent to add to the conversation. Call it whatever you want, I couldn't care less.

He's also the same prick telling all his f/o's to to what he tells them to do because he's the captain, and they'll do what he says. I bet he's a real joy to fly with!
The guy's a complete tool box!

John Peniskramp said:
Nevertheless. A good way to avoid someone who NEVER has anything intelligent to add to the conversation.
Oh you mean like this:

Johnny Peniskramp said:
What's going on over there? Do the double breasted jackets suddenly turn you into an a$$hole?

Prick doesn't even begin to describe this guy!

Last edited:
This message is hidden because 737 Pylt is on your ignore list. Because all your posts do nothing but bash others.

When people in the Go are starting to get scared, it should make all of us take note. I know I have.[/quote]

I think the folks in the GO are scared because they know they could be next on the chopping block. Our performance numbers have steadily decreased since Skip, and got worse under Brian. In some categories, if our numbers increased by 50%, we'd still be dead last. The Corporate Culture is an obscene nightmare. Our staffing levels are hanging on by a thread, and that's only because good people are being abused with extensions and Jr. Manning. Only one way to fix it. ASA should die. Clean out the GO, and let Skywest absorb the rest. I feel this is why if you're in a mgmt. position, you should be scared, furthermore, if you're in a mgmt. position at ASA, shame on you for the monumentally crappy job you have done at this company.

Trojan

When people in the Go are starting to get scared, it should make all of us take note. I know I have.

I think the folks in the GO are scared because they know they could be next on the chopping block. Our performance numbers have steadily decreased since Skip, and got worse under Brian. In some categories, if our numbers increased by 50%, we'd still be dead last. The Corporate Culture is an obscene nightmare. Our staffing levels are hanging on by a thread, and that's only because good people are being abused with extensions and Jr. Manning. Only one way to fix it. ASA should die. Clean out the GO, and let Skywest absorb the rest. I feel this is why if you're in a mgmt. position, you should be scared, furthermore, if you're in a mgmt. position at ASA, shame on you for the monumentally crappy job you have done at this company.

Trojan[/quote]

Even though I absolutely HATE USC, Im gonna have to give you a pass and agree with you on this one... From someone who used to work in the GO before heading out to fly the line, that place is a clownshow almost as bad, if not worse, than our daily line operations. I dont know how many days I would note people taking 3 hour lunches or sitting around in their cube blabbing about their son's tournament, their new boat, or whatever else for hours on end.... I have seen projects that are one MAYBE two day jobs, AT MOST, take over three months. I mean... how long have we been trying to get an ASAP program now?? I KNOW at least 4 years. AT LEAST 4.

So from another thread, but still very related.... Did Gary Hall and Sorrell get fired or what??? Anyone know the deal with that??

Last edited:
Jacksjj:

There are several stories going around. The most credible story started years ago with Dick McAdoo, who by most accounts did a good job. That story relates that SkyWest did not have a similar department and did not understand why ASA needed one. From a cost standpoint, the position was deemed redundant.

Gary Hall also has a pretty marketable resume. If SkyWest demanded pay cuts he may have decided to move on to a better opportunity rather than return to the line for a few months before age 60.

I have no idea if any of the more dramatic rumors are true. Gary Hall was a long time Staff Officer and expert political operative. I doubt he would have stepped on his Superiors. I hope he doesn't show up at a FSDO like Scott Young did.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back