Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JoeMerchant said:
Fins,

Tell us more about the resolution being retracted that would have prevent ALPA from bidding on phantom aircraft.
Aren't you on the ASA MEC John? Why aren't you in the know of this? You, as an elected ALPA rep should be telling the people you represent about the resolution, but then again, you're too busy holding notes from MEC meetings and crying that nobody likes you, which is probably true!

It sounds like a good resolution to me. Why do we care what the Delta pilots think about it?
We don't care if you care....But if it is regarding DL code, then unfortunately, for you personally John, then it it concerns the DL pilots, you know the group you love to hate, and who you ultimately blame all your pathetic problems on!

They don't care about us, why should we care about them?
We care very much about our ASA brethren, its YOU John that we don't care about!
There was a time when the ASA and CMR MECs wouldn't have worried about what the Delta pilots would think. Are those times over?
My guess is that CMR is trying to repair the damages done to the DL relationship over the furlough fiasco a few years ago, so they might start to care. I personally want all 3 MEC's to get along well, because the more united we are, the more we can stick it to DL management! I am just sick of people like you and your girlfriend (~~~^~~~) constantly blaming all your petty problems on everyone else. Here's some advice....Quit your childish bitching, do your job you were elected to do as secretary/treasure, and quit being part of the Friggin problem and part of the solution!

John is not on the ASA MEC. He is just a secretary for the LEC 112 in ATL. He has only been to 1 or 2 meetings since elected. Just long enough to take minutes that he never submitted and abscond with an ALPA laptop.

That's all.

EatinRamen said:
Was in the crew room the other day and a chief pilot (CV) said it looks like the spring before any new hire classes begin unless something changes.

That traitor? Don't believe a word out of that jerk's mouth! All he does is spread mismanagement propaganda in the crew lounge. He brings nothing to the table. One day he'll be back on line, and then we'll see how he gets along with real pilots.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Pogue Mahone said:
John is not on the ASA MEC. He is just a secretary for the LEC 112 in ATL. He has only been to 1 or 2 meetings since elected. Just long enough to take minutes that he never submitted and abscond with an ALPA laptop.That's all.

Joey's too busy licking CV's booties. He thinks mismanagement (ex-Delta managers) will take care of him and his old gf. Problems is, someday soon JA's will begin to get his people in at ASA, and those ex-Delta managers who screwed Delta up, and now ASA, will be gone, hopefully in the islands with that useless Skip. So, there goes Joey's promises.

VOTED IN FAVOR! (cancels out Joey's NO vote)

ASARJMan said:
That traitor? Don't believe a word out of that jerk's mouth! All he does is spread mismanagement propaganda in the crew lounge. He brings nothing to the table. One day he'll be back on line, and then we'll see how he gets along with real pilots.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

I heard a rumor that CV asked a pilot how line flying was going. The pilot said that it sucked. CV put in to go back to the line to personally verify that sucking action the same day.:D

jacksjj said:
So..... about those classes at ASA.......?

There will be no new hire classes at ASA for a long, long time.
The present shortage will be fixed when the 700's leave (and that maybe all of them).

Thats what I have been saying. ASA is a dead end job. There is NO WAY on earth I would come here for any reason. Coming to ASA is the worst aviation decision I have ever made. If you are a captain here making decent money with no chance of downgrading it may be different for you, so don't give the rest of us your crap. ASA is like a legacy carrier now for upgrade. You can move up only if someone retires or quits. If I were here under 3 years, I would absolutely, unequivocally, certainly leave for CHQ or Skywest. One more hour of SIC time is useless to anyone who desires to get the hell out of here and work at a real company that does not lie to you, cut every corner to save a nickle while spending a dollar, and is the joke of the airline world for their DOT statistics. And to head off all you 'just quit if you don't like it' replies, PM me a lead on a job ---- ANY JOB. Cause trust me, I've been looking. Like I said, ASA is a sinking ship. Anybody who thinks it's going to be all roses IF we ever get a new contract is high on something. JA purchased ASA to dismantle it, and it's union, and take over with Skywest. Don't kid yourself if you think different. By this time next year, ASA will have only 50 seaters out of ATL, and maybe LAX. The ATR's will be retired and Skywest will have all of our 700's and an ATL base for 900's and maybe 700's. That will be a net loss of over 40 airplanes! Can you say 200 downgrades and 200 furloughs (attrition aside). There is no logical business reason for Skywest to not do this, and we have no protection against it.

Last edited:
79%N1 said:
. The ATR's will be retired and Skywest will have all of our 700's and an ATL base for 900's and maybe 700's.

Not sure about the ATR's, but the rest is correct.

79% - You speak the truth, Sir.

Good luck to all of us on our attempts to get out of here. Hiring appears to be on the rise at SouthWest, Continental, UPS and other good places. I hope Delta begins hiring next year.

Latest resources

Back