ASA Classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fsworld said:
So if we arent hiring anytime soon why is ASA spending money on hiring a new basic indoc ground instructor? Think before you speak idiots. If this place sucks you know where the door is, stop complaining about everything. Management could say we were getting a 50% payraise make the ramp automated and 99.9% of the people on this board would still complain about the pay and ramp. I get so sick of listening to co-workers complain about this stuff for hours. And yes I know it sucks to wait for an hour to get parked but we get paid for it, it doesnt hurt us a bit. And for you people who say do whats in the contract and nothing else, thats hurting the people whos income goes to our pay check, its not hurting management. Dont take your hate for management out on our passengers.

Feel better now?

Think before you speak. With that asenine rant, you could take your own advice. You haven't even been at ASA long enough to have a valid opinion of whether this place sucks or our pilots are greedy jerks.

fsworld said:
So if we arent hiring anytime soon why is ASA spending money on hiring a new basic indoc ground instructor? Think before you speak idiots. If this place sucks you know where the door is, stop complaining about everything. Management could say we were getting a 50% payraise make the ramp automated and 99.9% of the people on this board would still complain about the pay and ramp. I get so sick of listening to co-workers complain about this stuff for hours. And yes I know it sucks to wait for an hour to get parked but we get paid for it, it doesnt hurt us a bit. And for you people who say do whats in the contract and nothing else, thats hurting the people whos income goes to our pay check, its not hurting management. Dont take your hate for management out on our passengers.
It´s for this reason we have to fly by the book!! The pax are the only ones that can get a fire lit under mgmnts ass!! We can try to be nice and continue to go above and beyond as we all have done, or we can do our jobs by the book that´s it. Watching people suffer sucks....I do it daily at work, but it is the ONLY WAY to get mgmnt to fix the problems.....
Oh and get us a contract too
Cheers

Everyone keeps saying "Oh, once we get the contract...massive growth, hiring, upgrades...etc etc."

Anyone have an honest opinion of what will really happen around this place once it goes through??

Jack:

You are assuming it will get through. I am not so sure.

ASA's only option at being a survivable long term carrier in the world of SkyWest holdings is to undercut SkyWest. I'm quoting directly from Jerry Atkin and so far, he has remained true to what he told us int eh pilot lounge. Not only have we said no to continuing to lower the bar on this profession, we have passed a resolution asking ALPA National to join us.

ASA will be replaced by other carriers. When push finally comes to shove we will be marginalized and irrelevant. The shareholders of SkyWest, or more importantly, Mr. Atkin, will have what he wanted out of the ASA operation. Even better he will get it without ASA Management and ASA Pilot longevity.

The ASA Pilots' hope is misplaced in ALPA. We should be trying to merge, but ALPA is afraid they would lose the vote, so that effort is DOA.

I'm serious - go to another airline. ASA is a dead end.

~~~^~~~ said:
Jack:

You are assuming it will get through. I am not so sure.

ASA's only option at being a survivable long term carrier in the world of SkyWest holdings is to undercut SkyWest. I'm quoting directly from Jerry Atkin and so far, he has remained true to what he told us int eh pilot lounge. Not only have we said no to continuing to lower the bar on this profession, we have passed a resolution asking ALPA National to join us.

ASA will be replaced by other carriers. When push finally comes to shove we will be marginalized and irrelevant. The shareholders of SkyWest, or more importantly, Mr. Atkin, will have what he wanted out of the ASA operation. Even better he will get it without ASA Management and ASA Pilot longevity.

The ASA Pilots' hope is misplaced in ALPA. We should be trying to merge, but ALPA is afraid they would lose the vote, so that effort is DOA.

I'm serious - go to another airline. ASA is a dead end.

Well, you're just a bundle of joy today...

Sinca3 said:
It´s for this reason we have to fly by the book!! The pax are the only ones that can get a fire lit under mgmnts ass!! We can try to be nice and continue to go above and beyond as we all have done, or we can do our jobs by the book that´s it. Watching people suffer sucks....I do it daily at work, but it is the ONLY WAY to get mgmnt to fix the problems.....
Oh and get us a contract too
Cheers
Your heart is in the right place but you are wrong. Our Management could absolutely care less about Delta's passengers. Delta is our customer and we get paid for operating the flight - period.

If Delta cared about passengers there would not be 6 DCI carriers in ATL bidding against each other to see who is the cheapest operator. McKenzie and Co., absolutely doesn't care, it is a numbers game.

Do what is best for you. That means keeping your passengers safe first. Then do what works best for your schedule (which is usually trying to keep this operation in operation on time).

The Pilots and the Passengers have a lot in common. We both want to get to where we are going safely and get home on time.

Management & Ops goes home when the clock strikes some arbitrary pre agreed hour - they could really care less about the passengers, or you.

Compare all of this to Southwest.

Unfortunately, I don't think passengers remember what good airline service is. How many of the "new breed" of airline pax (former Greyhound pax) even have expectations of service?

Once upon a time quality service at one airline forced others to match it. Now substandard service at one airline allows others to degrade theirs.

Let's face it, good customer service cost money. The pax have proven they (as a whole) aren't willing to pay for it.

I don't know what the answer is, but I wouldn't expect service to get any better anytime soon.

Well somethings gotta give. They are sending IPs to SLC to cover flights because we are so shorthanded. Fact.

Fins,

What are you for? Maybe you should think about going back to full time claims adjusting--maybe that is where your real expertise lies.

You like to bash ALPA, and Alpa helped bail you out of the weeds--literally!

~~~^~~~ said:
Your heart is in the right place but you are wrong. Our Management could absolutely care less about Delta's passengers. Delta is our customer and we get paid for operating the flight - period.

If Delta cared about passengers there would not be 6 DCI carriers in ATL bidding against each other to see who is the cheapest operator. McKenzie and Co., absolutely doesn't care, it is a numbers game.

Do what is best for you. That means keeping your passengers safe first. Then do what works best for your schedule (which is usually trying to keep this operation in operation on time).

The Pilots and the Passengers have a lot in common. We both want to get to where we are going safely and get home on time.

Management & Ops goes home when the clock strikes some arbitrary pre agreed hour - they could really care less about the passengers, or you.

Compare all of this to Southwest.

Management abuses our passengers so should any of us think that they will ever treat us (all employees) fairly? Thinking about always trying to run on time and carrying a broken airline on your back is counter productive to our goals. Tell me how that is going to assist in getting a contract for our pilots. You enjoy block hour guarantee on a leg by leg basis so it cost you nothing to do your job only and don't offer more than you receive from ASA. If you want to sell something sell the fact that if our pilots do their job with the same commitment as management we will have a contract much sooner. In '98' many of us would get guarantee for a 90+ hour line because we refused to carry this airline on our backs. You don't have to suffer the financial pain we did so let go of this idea that you must care for our passengers when management doesn't. This management will be gone much sooner when you understand this.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back