• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Apparently he shook loose LJ's muzzle. I imagine he'll be getting the rolled up newspaper to the backside when she gets home. "Bad JB! I told you! No talking until the election is over!"

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Joey just can't help himself at times. Wonder if LJ po'd at BW too for his endorsement letter? Also odd that we haven't seen Voice of Reason on here for quite some time. Is that you LJ, Voice?

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Last edited:
Yeah, I read that LA bit in my packet as well. Oh well, you gotta roll with the punches I guess...

Roll with the punches? This is more like a kick to the nuts! California living expenses on $1,000/mo. income??? I have a hard enough time getting by in Atlanta but sending the new hires to LA is too much to ask. ASA keeps lowering the bar, hiring pilots that are willing to live off of bread and water type wages.

Sorry wicked, didnt realize I was helping to lower the bar. I guess I could follow your logic and, instead of taking the class, continue to flight instruct 60 hours a week for even less money... with no benefits.

Do what you need to man I took the job at ASA and it was probably for the same reason you are and that was six years ago.

To each his own Jack. I pulled down more $$ as a flight instructor than here at the ASA. I choose pursue the regional job because I was guranteed the ATL base well before my training date. If that wasn't the case I would have gone corporate. I just can't fathom living in LA on 1st year pay. Not to mention your going to be driving to the airport for EVERY single trip you have.

It just sucks that ASA mgmt. is holding a carrot over you and making it sound like you'll get an ATL bid.

Read between the lines...you're all going to LAX.

Last edited:
Dear LJ's stick,

Do not use my post to grandstand on your issues. Everyone knows what you did on the last contract and we all know what a dirt bag you are.

Roll with the punches? This is more like a kick to the nuts! California living expenses on $1,000/mo. income??? I have a hard enough time getting by in Atlanta but sending the new hires to LA is too much to ask. ASA keeps lowering the bar, hiring pilots that are willing to live off of bread and water type wages.

Bummer you think I'm lowering the bar. I'll bet you think any newhire is 'lowering' the bar. What would you have me do, turn down the class date? To stroke your sensibilities of where 'the bar' should be?

Yes, I know the money is not good. No, I'm not thrilled about it. And no, there is nothing I can do about it. If you are so passionate about this mythical bar, why did you take your class? Why did you take your first year pay with your first airline job? By your logic, isn't that lowering 'the bar'?

How about you tone down the rehetoric on 'lowering the bar'?

TCB.

Bummer you think I'm lowering the bar. I'll bet you think any newhire is 'lowering' the bar. What would you have me do, turn down the class date? To stroke your sensibilities of where 'the bar' should be?

Yes, I know the money is not good. No, I'm not thrilled about it. And no, there is nothing I can do about it. If you are so passionate about this mythical bar, why did you take your class? Why did you take your first year pay with your first airline job? By your logic, isn't that lowering 'the bar'?

How about you tone down the rehetoric on 'lowering the bar'?

TCB.

Don't sweat it- everyone starts at the bottom. If you have a means of making the job happen, get it going. Seniority is everything- so tough it out. Don't let people paint you the grim picture of death and destruction. If it was truly that bad they would be here. Many boast about how they have jobs elsewhere or are waiting on a class date etc, but if they really wanted to leave NOW they would. Many people here are all talk with no action, sorta like a big dog with no teeth. This place is a descent place to work. Certainly not the best and DEFINATELY not the worst. Welcome aboard and don't worry about someone else's bar. Do this for yourself, which is what most are doing anyways.

On a side note, I'm sure you won't be in LA too long. Even if it grows, the attrition and possible hiring off the street by Delta is going to produce upward movement at ASA. We took back 200 Delta pilots after they gave us the shaft in 2001, so hopefully they will show good faith and hire a high percentage of ASA guys in return.

My recommendation is that you do not come here if they are putting you at LAX.

I am not an eternal pessimist like many of the people on this board...but as long as crazy people are willing to come here and be based in LA on that low of a wage, they will never raise it...and why should they.

The madness needs to stop....ASA on the verge of a meltdown...i would say more like an "apparent" meltdown. I think in the end, things will work out ok here. All the airlines are the same. Talk around to everyone in the middle of negotiations...they are all being to told the same thing...DOOM AND GLOOM. Its not just here at ASA. My recommendation...go to skywest.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back