• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CFI, i know you want the Jet, but if it comes down to it, if you get a chioce between CRJ/LAX or ATR/ATL, take the ATR. It pays the same, and is going away in less than a year anyway. It will keep you in ATL.

Welcome aboard guys- ASA is pretty good to work for.....As was said earlier, it's the whiners here that seem to be the loudest. I totally agree that this place is what you make of it. Just take pride in YOUR work and everything else will fall into place.

You should be. I hope you got friends in LAX that you can crash with for that first year.

$500/month x 12 = $6000
First Year FO = $17,100 before taxes

I hope you don't have any loan payments. And where can you find a crash pad in LAX for $500 that doesn't involve the cities of Compton and Englewood?

You can find one in Watts for $500!

Just curious- any guesses as to how long cracker in an airline pilot uniform would last on the streets of Compton or Watts???

I live in LA, I'm at 725 TT/110 multi with CFII/MEI.
I also live close to LAX (5 min) and have always wanted to fly to MEX out and back but never thought an airline would do it from LAX. I speak spanish and I can live on first year pay.

Anyone think I have a shot at ASA?

Just heard from my travels thru mecca that apperently the number of candidates that meet our minimums and are interested to show up to the interview are not that many. Go Figure. At least I give you guys credit for researching this place before expressing interest. Some IP's were talking about having to lower the min's down. Didn't say to what, but the last time was 600/100 with some 121 time. So, if you have 725TT/110me, your getting close. If you have the chance to sit in the right seat of some 135 operation that has 2 person crew, that would set you perfect for ASA.

Honestly, ASA could go either way right now. It is either set to explode with growth if we can reach a deal with management. Personally, I think they have missed the low point in our moral. Most here don't give a crap anymore and are relatively numb to managemant's rants by now. The other possibility is that St George's strategy is to let this place implode to the point where it is small enough to be integrated into Skywest and taken over . Many I've talked to have some sort of backup job to fall back on to. It may not be flying, but it will keep kids fed. I'm feeling pretty good that my prior employer will take me back.

We have had around 50 pilots resign this month alone. I was told around 2/3 were junior FO's. That should speak volumes to you. Upgrades are over 6 years now.

If you do show up for a class this year, you can have a 90% chance of being LAX based. This tease of ATR is just that, a tease to get you to show up. As for the other poster that says you get to bid your first assignment, wrong. We have an LOA that allows the company to assign first assignments. You are free to put a bid in for ATL, but it might be a while before you get it. If you do get it, it might have an effective date that is 4 months in the future and they will not let you go early.

Just curious- any guesses as to how long cracker in an airline pilot uniform would last on the streets of Compton or Watts???

About as long as one would in East Point or College Park.

Trojan

We have had around 50 pilots resign this month alone. I was told around 2/3 were junior FO's. That should speak volumes to you. Upgrades are over 6 years now.

Wow! That's just crazy! Where are these pilots heading next?

SkyWest.

Welcome aboard guys- ASA is pretty good to work for.....As was said earlier, it's the whiners here that seem to be the loudest. I totally agree that this place is what you make of it. Just take pride in YOUR work and everything else will fall into place.

AMEN! VeeOne is right on here.....

99.9% of the hard core whiners are on this board....

Keep up the good attitude and welcome aboard. After two other failed airlines and gigs in 135 flying, this still beats working for a living (my thoughts). This industry is soo cyclical that you'll never know if you made the right choice until you've been here a couple of years.

Remember, its what YOU decide to make of it and WHO you decide to hang around with that will decide where your attitude goes. Have a clear focus as to what your goals are and if you are not moving ahead with them within a year or two, make a decision to either stick with it or move on to "greener" pastures. FYI, the grass isn't always greener somewhere else.

People are leaving here in multitudes which "could" mean that ATL openings will be available for this class.

Best wishes!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back