• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd like to see the company offer it, then we can see what the union would say. Until then, I guess we'll never really know.

However, I think it would be great if the company offered some sort of cost of living adjustment to first year f/os out there.

Why only the first year FO's? What about the flight attendents? What about the second year FO's who just finished "paying their dues" of first year pay? The only fair way to do it would be housing allowance to all living at the base. Actually, it is not unheard of. CAL gives some $1100/mo to those who go to Guam. But, with the lowly RJ status we have, and the fact that other operators are there with the same payscales, it will never happen. The only way to staff LAX is with people that already live there, know the cost of living, and voluntarly take the job knowing the pay.

I'd like a cost of living adjustment across the board for all of us. I think most of our payscales are inadequate, but the first year pay is reminiscent of hazing in my mind.

$19/hour is damn near impossible in SoCal. Atleast lower 30's for second year eases some of the pain.

Good point about the F/As. How many have actually bid out there?????

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back