Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flying mexican said:
You are one sorry asshole!
don'y you ever Fricking reply to me or any of my messages or I will track you down and you will have a problem! Jack ass"

good thing middle school starts back up again in a couple weeks......this kid needs some structure in his life.....

He seems to lack some wit as well. Doggy style, Huh? Must be the one with all 4 on the ground.

Oakum_Boy said:
What good is giving the gate a max of 45.6 passengers and 58.3 bags, from a PDA software program, when the gate will always board more anyway. There is major touble in ATL and most other stations regarding max payloads. It shows up on the release, you can call it in, you can do whatever. The bottom line is that ASA can't run a smooth operation to save their lives, and $270,000 will do nothing. A huge waste of money, and Delta is spot on in denying that expenditure. You can come up with the best technology on the market, but ASA will find a way to cancel out all the positive effects. ASA has people problems and thats it. Just have a look around next time you are at the gate, on the ramp, talking with your dispatcher, or whatever. Its a mickey mouse operation, and that will never change. Just fly by the book, and let yourself be entertained by the ASA circus...

Dunno what you have been told regarding the PDA's but your post missed the mark big time. I just got to pick up some airplanes in ARA with the ASA RJ fleet manager who actually had the PDA on him. Quite a nice little toy. It will be a replacement for the APG, Wt. & Bal. worksheet, and the CG wheel. It will not replace the dispatchers responsibility to properly plan a flight including giving the gate accurate numbers. Whether or not that actually takes place is out of my control, IOW the PDA simply figures things out more accurately once the A/C is loaded. It is a hell of a lot more accurate because it does CG by each individual seat instead of 3 zones. It is the FAA's contention that due to the zone inaccuracy that the PAX wt. will have to go up for any errors, ie. buffer. Using seat by seat, which will only be capable via the PDA, will allow us to use lower PAX wt. The $270,000 will be made up via the PDA because we won't have to buy as many PAX off our airplanes. The PDA is pretty easy to use and we would get rid of some paperwork in the cockpit.

An interesting point that WD made was that the new flight ops management team is not too impressed with FCC and sched., so expect some changes, take that with a 10 lb. bag of salt!

Cheers

flying mexican said:
comin-in-hot:
what do you mean by your coments?
do i seriously need to spell this out for you.....?

look at your profile, little mexican, and you will see that your current position says "Doggy Style!". comin-in-hot is saying that YOU are the one on all four's, i.e. you're on the RECEIVING end of your doggy style position. you catch my drift, ¿esé?

*Edit: the PM that i just got from flying mexican:
flying mexican said:
OK! thanks for the translation!
I'm not the one on the four!, but my wife is, I'm just doing her, while I talk to all of you, for some reaseon it seems to turn me on!

all i have to say is "wow"...

Last edited:
We can't keep blaming the ramp and gates for all of the problems. It's become pretty clear that the bulk of our delays are operational. When you do three and four day trips with 13-14 hour duty days and 9-10 hours rest and 20-45 minute turns all day it doesn't take much of a glich to send a whole trip into a string of delays. Often you finish the first day of a trip late and CS can either put you on RR and shorten your next day, or put you 9 hours rest and delay you the next morning so you can do the whole day. The problem is, when you get that late start you can't get caught up with 20-45 minute turns. So your whole next day has a 0% on-time rate. There are a lot of lines built like that, and if you hear the radio the bulk of the delays are late arriving aircraft. No matter how fast you fly, how fast the gate boards, and how fast the ramp gets you out, you're not gonna be on time when you consistently arrive at the gate after your next departure time.

There needs to be more thought on building the lines so that when you do get behind there is some buffer to get caught up. And the company needs to get over the idea that the only reason we like 8 hour RR is so we don't have to do that last turn. If it comes down to RR and getting the first flight out on time the next morning or 9 hours rest so we can do the whole day, the first flight has to be on time.

Every decision CS and OCC makes needs to be what will effect the overall on-time rate, not just for the current flight, but subsequent ones as well.

The problem is that we've been mismanaged into a situation where we are short pilots. They don't have the flexibilty to remove pilots for the sake of on-time performance. Mgmt has successfully ruined a good company and turned ASA into a place where no one wants to stay and no one wants to come. So the bottom line is they brought this on themselves. And it's not gonna get better until there is a change of philosophy in employee relations, and in the way we operate.

Last edited:
Plug - thanks for the good information.

Mexican - just curious, did you do some time at Comair Academy, or is it "The Academy?"

IFLY4FOOD - any chance we can say adios to the Mexican? Or bring back Stanley Knight to perform his checkride?

Last edited:
Plug said:
The PDA is pretty easy to use and we would get rid of some paperwork in the cockpit.

Cheers

I heard on the vine that the manifest would still be required. Pretty typical of ASA to spend money on something new only to continue using the same process we cureently have.

At least now the skipper can do all the bullshoot work to justify the pay. Hopefully us gear monkeys can finally just sit and stare out the window 'till it's time for pushback.

;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back