• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA CA Displacement Finals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As far as I'm concerned, if a displaced Captain wanted to wear 5 stripes and call himself Commodore, he'd still be welcome in my right seat. Expecting a displaced Capt to buy a new FO hat is something even ASA wouldn't do. (I hope)

I remember flying with a guy at ASA that actually did wear 5 stripes.

After flying with mostly new hires for the last 6 months or so, believe me. I'llbe so damn happy to have you in the right seat, I wouldn't care if you showed up in a F/A uniform!!

OOOhhhh yeah man! Klinker in a skirt!!! Yeah babe!!

Are we talking about Commander Helms?...
No, as I recall it was a guy named "Mike," who I was told was the genesis of the "Big Mike rule" on the Brasilia. Told me that he was just so big that the 4 stripes looked silly on him, but the 5 looked "proportional," and most people didn't even notice it. Again, one of the nicest/coolest guys I've ever had the pleasure to work with.

-Blucher

I know "Mike", He had them made as a joke and would wear them once in awhile just for fun and to see if anyone noticed. Doesn't wear them for real or all the time. Said he got some pretty weird looks and alot of double takes. He was fond of being asked about them by the occasional mainline guy and he would tell them that it was because he was just one stripe better. (He was not serious of course) just liked to ruffel a feather or two.

Latest resources

Back