• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA CA Displacement Finals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's a good time to ask your local uniform nazi cp from dallas. Is he still around? If memory serves me correctly you can wear the captains hat but it's back to the 3 bars per side.

Yea, I'm interested in knowing this. My F/O hat has taken a ride to the local land fill- it was a little on the "heavilly weathered" side of things. I'm not too wild about buying another hat, just to collect dust again in a couple of months. Sure would be nice if the 39 would have gotten a personal email regarding this, some details, and expectations over the long haul. That would have been classy and well played......

With that stated, I think it's important for the 39 to keep all this in perspective. Keep sharp with the knowledge you obtained as a Captain and don't go on a mental holiday. Walk softly and carry your stick- no need to shove it in everyones face (including the uniform items with boards etc). Lasty, be patient- at least you'll get the holidays off, and back into the left seat in the spring for the next summers flying.

Regarding ALPA- I'm not sure ALPA was running their mouth about keeping a lid on things as much as they were going for rumor control. Quite honestly, it was irritating me to have everyone raging about a furlough or downgrade that didn't pertain or affect them. At the time of ALPA's release, we were only on week one of upgrade training, and Mesa was still going away. It was the pilots, and not management, that was throwing around the F word. Personally, I give ALPA cudo's for their rumor control- I didn't want that stuff rubbed in my face by some Sr. guy that wasn't going to take the hit. Quite simply, at the time it was all conjecture, and from the company's perspective, it was looking like we were going to build in Cinci and Orlando- the whole reason my class got run through FS at the beginning of June.

I guess one thing that doesn't sit well with me though, is why SkyWest isn't following suit, with their overly staffed airline. From what I understand, they've got more people standing around than we do. So why are we the only ones that are taking the stick to the back of the knee again- oh wait, it's because we have a true representative body.......

I know it sucks to get bumped back down, and I feel for you guys, but if there is a small silver lining to look at, the pay difference between reserve Captain, and line-holding senior FO is not that much...and the QOL will be much better for the time being.

Hope to see you all back in the left-seat soon.

By my math a reserve capt makes almost 5k/mth as a sr first officer you have to get credit for 105 hours and a bunch of per diem to even scare that number. Real good QOL there.

By my math a reserve capt makes almost 5k/mth as a sr first officer you have to get credit for 105 hours and a bunch of per diem to even scare that number. Real good QOL there.

It also does not help that the lines for the rest of the year, will only be about 78hrs at best.

I never made 5k/month as a reserve captain at min gaurantee! I'm talking take home. More like 4k. $2300 or so on the 15th and $1700 on the 30th, like clockwork. I know results may vary due to deductions, etc. But, when I was a 700 FO, flying my line which was ave 85-92 hrs with 14 or 15 days off as usual, I made $1900 on the 15th and $1400 on the 30th, on average. That, as I said was about $600 - 800/month, which is nothing to sneeze at, but not a hugh difference in pay, and yes..........the QOL was better than that of a reserve captain.

The new pay rates help 50 seat capt gross 75*63.73 (the pay rate for all the guys knocked back)= 4,779.
A 4th year 700 FO is 39.97 which is 4k at 100 hours. Given the line values for the rest of the year and the number of senior capts scrambling to pay for their toys, I'll take a reserve capt slot and go play golf with my cell phone in my pocket.

The last time this happened a few years ago, I think all of the guys kept wearing their capt stuff.. (hat, bars, etc..) No way they could track this unless they run around checking seniority numbers against a list. I dont care what the nazi says.. I dont see suspenders on the required list either.

Hat is optional till you wear the jacket.

A few hats in unclaimed freight in the CPO's sec office.

Unless you are walking around making a lot of noise about this, no one will check to see if you are in the correct uniform. Just have on all you are suppose to and RC won't screw with you.

Dick

Absolutely correct regarding RC and the uniform items, and I agree completely that no one in ops would ever figure it out. However, I'm sure that many of the guys in the left seat you would be flying with wouldn't exactly appreciate your choice of wardrobe. I guess I am trying to figure out a balance of respect for my working piers, self dignity, and not spending any more money on uniform items.

Latest resources

Back