• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA CA Displacement Finals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like 973 and below got displaced. Sorry guys and gals.

Actually, 970 and below were displaced. From 956 to 969, they were displaced from the CR2 to the CR7 with a pay raise.

March 7, 2005 class from #6 down was displaced from CR7 to the right seat of something as FO. The first 11 were displaced to the CR7, the rest of them to the CR2.

February 7, 2005 class from #11 down has received a pay raise due to the displacement from CR2 CA to CR7 CA.

The most junior person has a DOH of August 8, 2005.

The interesting thing about the whole situation is that although 7 CR7 CAs were displaced to FO, 10 CR2 CAs were displaced to CR7 CA. We gained 3 CR7 CAs on the list.

Is that enough info fur ya???

Last edited:
I was the plug on the CRJ-200. Hire date of 16 May, 2005. I got to spend a whole month and a half in the left seat, but at least got the ATP/Type out of the deal. Supposedly, the orders to downgrade came not from the ASA side of things, but from a higher power in St. George, for what it's worth.

Hopefully, Delta will follow through with it's talk of hiring off the street again in late fall/early winter in order to get some movement again at ASA.

Something tells me that at best, it will be mid spring before we start to see upgrades again. Oh well, just along for the ride again, at this point.

Supposedly, the orders to downgrade came not from the ASA side of things, but from a higher power in St. George, for what it's worth.

Honestly, if BH made the decision himself, it still wouldn't matter. We have a good LEADER who is doing his best to help us do the job well. We all know this part of the 121 game so it isn't exactly surprising. In the end, business is still business as much as it can suck.

However, my sources say the union asked the company to keep quiet about this until it came time for the displacements/ downgrades. We all knew it was coming with the economic slow down, high fuel prices and ATRahs leaving us. I just don't get why it was hush-hush.

I know it sucks to get bumped back down, and I feel for you guys, but if there is a small silver lining to look at, the pay difference between reserve Captain, and line-holding senior FO is not that much...and the QOL will be much better for the time being.

Hope to see you all back in the left-seat soon.

do captains displaced to fo get to keep their captain pay? Some airlines this is the case.

It's a good time to ask your local uniform nazi cp from dallas. Is he still around? If memory serves me correctly you can wear the captains hat but it's back to the 3 bars per side.

Latest resources

Back