ASA and the USAir Hudson:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crash Pad

Every time a plane crashes we get a new policy.

I think we will add a bird check and verification after the runway verification.

I could be wrong and they could just add another line to the "takeoff briefing" that says something like "bird strike emergency landing plan".

Place your bets what will our new procedure be?

I can see it now. The 200 will get a new procedure like set the FD to 5 degrees for the best bird penetration airspeed.

Last edited:
I'm putting my money on another ridiculous regulation making it not legal to dispatch to/from an airport with a Notam for "Wildlife in Vicinity".

I wouldn't expect anything less from the kneejerk FAA.

If we installed giant and glorious BH mustaches on the front of the planes, then the birds would be intimidated out of the way.

Mr. Pidgeon- "Hey Swift, what's that mean looking thing lining up on the runway?"

Mr. Swift- "I dunno, Pidgeon. But it has wrath from the looks of it. It seems to have a mighty mustache. We should move."

Mr. Pidgeon- "You're right. This stinks of Salt Lake. Let's go. Waddle off into the grass and lets not upset it."

Mr. Swift- "Yes. I need an adult."

That's how it would happen...every time.

If we installed giant and glorious BH mustaches on the front of the planes, then the birds would be intimidated out of the way.

Mr. Pidgeon- "Hey Swift, what's that mean looking thing lining up on the runway?"

Mr. Swift- "I dunno, Pidgeon. But it has wrath from the looks of it. It seems to have a mighty mustache. We should move."

Mr. Pidgeon- "You're right. This stinks of Salt Lake. Let's go. Waddle off into the grass and lets not upset it."

Now thats Funny

I'm putting my money on another ridiculous regulation making it not legal to dispatch to/from an airport with a Notam for "Wildlife in Vicinity".

I wouldn't expect anything less from the kneejerk FAA.

I'm guessing the first lawsuit won't show up for a week or two. My guess is it's going to go along the lines of "they knowingly took off after another pilot reported some birds..."

I suppose some ditching practice in the sim might be fun.

Where's the love for the FO? The media is giving the captain a medal of honor, but it was a team activity, right? Sheeesh...

Seriously, tho: good job for the entire crew. Ditching a completely full a/c with no one dead is good work.

From the sounds of it, there will be nothing that the Feds can reasonably do to address this. 'Reasonably' being the key word.

Didn't every airline get the runway verification added? I know a couple other airlines that do "spoilers in" as a result of AA in Cali

Ok ok, funny but where is the photoshop crj with stache???? C'mon ask a 14 year old, they will do it for ya.

Latest resources

Back