• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa Alpa Proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats the problem. Many want a nice big check they think they are owed before they trot off to greener pastures. Others want the company to remain viable and have a future. ALPA has been guilty of dragging their feet at times, and having unrealistic proposals at times. How do you equate that into your retro wants?

Thats the problem. Many want a nice big check they think they are owed before they trot off to greener pastures. Others want the company to remain viable and have a future. ALPA has been guilty of dragging their feet at times, and having unrealistic proposals at times. How do you equate that into your retro wants?

That we want WHAT WE DESERVE! Yeah...the Union drug their feet, but not nearly as long as the company has done. WMS has a point, they can loop hole scope/growth and make ASA go away, so I would rather have the cash in my pocket and move on!! Sorry, but that is just how it is for those of us that have been here WAAAAAAYYYY too long!

That we want WHAT WE DESERVE! Yeah...the Union drug their feet, but not nearly as long as the company has done. WMS has a point, they can loop hole scope/growth and make ASA go away, so I would rather have the cash in my pocket and move on!! Sorry, but that is just how it is for those of us that have been here WAAAAAAYYYY too long!

You have been here WAAAAYYYYY too long. Why don't you do us both a favor and leave. Everyone is hiring now, so you must be a real idiot if you can't get another job.

Have you hard what some of the people have been raving about??? Some clown I flew with thought he was owed 40K in retro pay. Even if he got a 10% raise on the 50 seater, there is no way in h$ll he's managed to rack up a 40K tab. He's bought into it because of the feeding frenzy. Also, 100% retro is a joke because it would take an army to figure out who is owed what. Payroll can't even get my normal pay check correct most of the time. It's gonna have to be a signing bonus, and it will have to be divied up by seniority, etc.

As for who's who here, it isn't the wisest thing to broadcast. Everyone here (for the most part) wishes to be anonymous. Otherwise, there would be a complete list of names on the ALPA board. Give me a break with the outting already. Many wouldn't have the ability to seperate the board from work anyway and there would be a rash of cockpit issues, and the inevitable First Officer write ups. What a joke that is- and it isn't safe, either. Could you imagine if OhPlease and TomCT flew togeather????

Giving up the money is not going to change what happens to ASA. They'll do what they think is best for SKYW,Inc either way. But scope is an empty promise they'll make (maybe) with no intention of keeping. And changing the direction of negotiations won't settle this any faster. Whatever the primary issue is, the contract will be settled at 2330 on day 29. That's just the way it is.

Giving up the money is not going to change what happens to ASA. They'll do what they think is best for SKYW,Inc either way. But scope is an empty promise they'll make (maybe) with no intention of keeping. And changing the direction of negotiations won't settle this any faster. Whatever the primary issue is, the contract will be settled at 2330 on day 29. That's just the way it is.

And the aircraft transfers to Skywest will begin at 0001.

And the aircraft transfers to Skywest will begin at 0001.

Whether we get a raise and retro or not. If they're gonna do it they're gonna do it. At least when it's all over you could still have your spine.

Whether we get a raise and retro or not. If they're gonna do it they're gonna do it. At least when it's all over you could still have your spine.

This is the fundamental point that so many don't seem to get.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back