• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA ALPA message makes me wonder?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just read the MEC message and it sounds a little depressing. Does anyone have additional info on what was behind this message?

I just read it too. It looks like page filler to me. The writer and the message really says nothing. Most of the Delta pilots still don't know what's going on yet, so how would the ASA MEC?

Read it again! It says only the obvious, what anyone who has been reading a newspaper the last couple of weeks would know! It would be my guess that it was slow in the MEC office last week and someone was tasked to write something to put in the connection--500 words or less! It appears to have the MEC Chair's writing style.

ASA is safe with the FFD contract, improving performance, and the fact that ASA is in Atlanta! Cheer up! You don't have anything to worry about for another 12 years or so!

...your one of those firing those shots into the feet...On another thread you are shooting down the idea of a national list...Now you want to return "regional" flying to "what it was".....Why do we even have "regional" flying? At one time there was no such thing....The mainlines did it with the "prop" planes...You are falling into the exact trap that got us into this mess....You are trying to define "regional" and "mainline" flying....What happened to "airline" flying?

Just out of curiousity....can you tell us which two regionals you flew for and what freight job you had?

Re read the other thread. I didn't shoot down a national list, just the proposed suggestion on how to develop the list. Then, I gave my own opinion on how it could be developed. You're right, it should be airline flying. How do we get to that point? I don't think it's by expanding regionals.

Last edited:
Shouldn't we be striving to increase mainline flying to create more mainline jobs so others have the chance to move up? Or, do you think most regional pilots are content being at a regional for life?(or at least spending less time at a major, therefore hurting future QOL and potential career earnings).

You make the assumption that all regional pilots want to go to a major. Just the other day I was standing next to someone that made a comment like, "Since all of us here want to be 777 captains someday..."

Speak for yourself. I don't want to be pulling gear for the next decade, only to start at the bottom of the CA list at that time.

Anyway, I understand that most people want to move on, but not everyone does, and it is a choice that we all have to make. I, personally, like that there are different levels of jobs in the industry, each with the pros and cons. The regionals offer relatively quick movement to the left seat, on nice equipment, and decent salaries (well, salaries twice and three times the national average are decent).

You make the assumption that all regional pilots want to go to a major. Just the other day I was standing next to someone that made a comment like, "Since all of us here want to be 777 captains someday..."

Speak for yourself. I don't want to be pulling gear for the next decade, only to start at the bottom of the CA list at that time.

Anyway, I understand that most people want to move on, but not everyone does, and it is a choice that we all have to make. I, personally, like that there are different levels of jobs in the industry, each with the pros and cons. The regionals offer relatively quick movement to the left seat, on nice equipment, and decent salaries (well, salaries twice and three times the national average are decent).

Exactly.....I bet we make more than MJ42 and have more time off....yet his vision is to allow us the "privledge" of "flowing up" to the bottom of his list...I'll take a pass....I'm not going to the bottom of another list in this business.....

It would behoove us to work together on scope...but don't assume that all of us have a burning desire to be a Delta or NWA newhire....I don't have an application on file at either....

It would behoove us to work together on scope...but don't assume that all of us have a burning desire to be a Delta or NWA newhire....I don't have an application on file at either....

Me either.

More domestic flying by 'regional' ('national' or 'codeshare' is more like it) airlines like mine would be the best thing this industry could do for me.

Exactly.....I bet we make more than MJ42 and have more time off....yet his vision is to allow us the "privledge" of "flowing up" to the bottom of his list...I'll take a pass....I'm not going to the bottom of another list in this business.....

Looks like you guys are reading too much into my posts. I presume a majority(not all) want to move to a major some day. Do you disagree? We all have different goals in career progression, the one common goal we should have is to improve the profession by better pay, QOL and other contract improvements.

Looks like you guys are reading too much into my posts. I presume a majority(not all) want to move to a major some day. Do you disagree? We all have different goals in career progression, the one common goal we should have is to improve the profession by better pay, QOL and other contract improvements.

The "moving to the majors" is becoming a huge pyramid scheme....It could give Amway a run.....

The top of the pyramid is getting smaller and providing less return with each downturn....But it is in your best interest to convince me to continue in the pyramid scheme.....

At one time I was going to get to the top of the pyramid....but now I realise it was a scam.....

How would your utopian view deal with those of us who have settled on a career here at the regionals? Work with us and we will work with you....dictate to us and we can derail anything your side tries.....

Me either.

More domestic flying by 'regional' ('national' or 'codeshare' is more like it) airlines like mine would be the best thing this industry could do for me.

One of the most selfish statements I've read on FI. Ask your coworkers if their goal is to stay at a regional, as I stated above, a majority(not all) would probably prefer to someday fly at a major. Your way of thinking would drastically hurt others career progression who have bigger goals. More regional flying =less major flying=more time spent a regional for those who want to move on. It's great if you're happy at your current job, that's what we should be striving for, but don't ruin it for others who have different goals.

Anyway, by your profile it looks like you've only been in this industry a short time. Get back to me after you have a few years under your belt because unlike Joe and the others responding to my posts you ain't seen nothin yet in your short aviation career.

The "moving to the majors" is becoming a huge pyramid scheme....It could give Amway a run.....

The top of the pyramid is getting smaller and providing less return with each downturn....But it is in your best interest to convince me to continue in the pyramid scheme.....

At one time I was going to get to the top of the pyramid....but now I realise it was a scam.....

How would your utopian view deal with those of us who have settled on a career here at the regionals? Work with us and we will work with you....dictate to us and we can derail anything your side tries.....

Now see Joe, there you go again. It's not us vs you. It's us working together to better the profession for EVERYONE no matter what their career goals are!

Now see Joe, there you go again. It's not us vs you. It's us working together to better the profession for EVERYONE no matter what their career goals are!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How could you type that with a straight face....Have you been reading anything here...???

Again.....I ask....how do us career regional folks making 6 figures with good schedules fit into your view of things.....??

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back