• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA ALPA message makes me wonder?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where was my excitement? the last thing I want is others flying (except getting our flying back from Freedum). Its actually a lot more than Freedum was doing.

I hope it was just a poor choice of words but...Since when is it your flying? It's Delta's flying that was given to you. Hopefully poor scope will be changed if Delta/NWA ever get on the same page:confused:

Last edited:
I hope it was just a poor choice of words but...Since when is it your flying? It's Delta's flying that was given to you. Hopefully poor scope will be changed if Delta/NWA ever get on the same page:confused:
It became "our" flying right about the time Delta "gave" it to us (ASA). More scope will be given up by Delta/NWA pilots in an effort to keep you from being put on the street for a while (and it probably won't keep you safe anyway). Make no mistake about it. Delta and NWA are, and have been, on the same page for a while now. And they don't give a damn about you, me or any other pilot out there.

Just so everything is clear. Nothing was given to anyone. The Delta pilot group "SOLD" it back to management. It was negotiated away for money and benefits to the Delta MEC/pilots years ago. It was then allocated and eventually awarded to bidders.

It became "our" flying right about the time Delta "gave" it to us (ASA). More scope will be given up by Delta/NWA pilots in an effort to keep you from being put on the street for a while (and it probably won't keep you safe anyway). Make no mistake about it. Delta and NWA are, and have been, on the same page for a while now. And they don't give a damn about you, me or any other pilot out there.

Oh please! It's Delta's flying, period. I may or may not be safe, that's not the debate. If I'm not safe then that just hurts every regional pilot out there who wants to move up to a major. Shouldn't we be striving to increase mainline flying to create more mainline jobs so others have the chance to move up? Or, do you think most regional pilots are content being at a regional for life?(or at least spending less time at a major, therefore hurting future QOL and potential career earnings).

You're right, Delta/NWA does not care about us, that should be why we have ALPA. But the infighting is doing more harm than good at the moment, hopefully that will change. Only time will tell. But, don't confuse your flying with, what actually is, Delta's flying given to you. Who owns and sells the seats? Not ASA.

Oh please! It's Delta's flying, period. I may or may not be safe, that's not the debate. If I'm not safe then that just hurts every regional pilot out there who wants to move up to a major. Shouldn't we be striving to increase mainline flying to create more mainline jobs so others have the chance to move up? Or, do you think most regional pilots are content being at a regional for life?(or at least spending less time at a major, therefore hurting future QOL and potential career earnings).

You're right, Delta/NWA does not care about us, that should be why we have ALPA. But the infighting is doing more harm than good at the moment, hopefully that will change. Only time will tell. But, don't confuse your flying with, what actually is, Delta's flying given to you. Who owns and sells the seats? Not ASA.
ALPA doesn't give a damn about you either.

You are the confused one. I know NONE of this flying belongs to ANY of us. Any and all could be taken away at the whim (not really a whim, actually very calculated by the only ones who stand to make any real money from any of this).

You and these other "mainline fools" who think you have ANY control are laughable. At best.

But hey, don't let me rain on your parade. Keep riding that high horse down the road thumbing your nose at anyone not at a major or not at the major for whom you toil. One word of advice though; watch out where you're going. That low hanging limb you can't see with your nose so far up in the air is going to hurt when it smacks you under the chin.

ALPA doesn't give a damn about you either. Yeah, what a pity. I guess you are just throwing money away by paying your dues. Would you rather see things remain status quo or attempt to change things for the better? Keep bitchin while others try to improve the profession, such a smug attitude!

You are the confused one. I know NONE of this flying belongs to ANY of us. Any and all could be taken away at the whim (not really a whim, actually very calculated by the only ones who stand to make any real money from any of this).Wrong, DAL owns DAL flying, NWA owns NWA flying. You seem to be the confused one:confused: . Yes, it could be taken away...if either company goes out of business. But both companies choose to either increase or decrease THEIR flying as warranted.

You and these other "mainline fools" who think you have ANY control are laughable. At best.Never said I have any control you "mainline wannabe fool" Keep spinning my words.

But hey, don't let me rain on your parade. Keep riding that high horse down the road thumbing your nose at anyone not at a major or not at the major for whom you toil. One word of advice though; watch out where you're going. That low hanging limb you can't see with your nose so far up in the air is going to hurt when it smacks you under the chin.

I came from a regional, fool. I worked my ass off to get to where I'm at, which included flight instructing, 135 night freight and turboprop and RJ flying at 2 regional(and a furlough after 9/11). I remember where I came from and want to help those who come after me. What a bad attitude you have!

Since you hope that the merger will change the scope back , and you came from two regionals, seems like your not too concerned about any job loss that would result at the regional level.

I'd say the bad attitude exist with you too?

Let me get this straight, your now at NWA, so regionals should no longer have what they do now?

Medeco

Since you hope that the merger will change the scope back , and you came from two regionals, seems like your not too concerned about any job loss that would result at the regional level.Wrong, I don't want anyone to lose their job. I've been there and know how it feels!

I'd say the bad attitude exist with you too? Really, read below...

Let me get this straight, your now at NWA, so regionals should no longer have what they do now?Nope, not what I said. I'd love to see flow ups actually work. I'd like to see more mainline jobs so regional pilots can move up. I'd like to see regional flying go back to turboprops. I'd like to see "regional feed" be regional, small cities flying to hubs to support mainline flying.

You and I both know this isn't going to happen, but growing regionals is not the answer. It makes people stay at regionals longer, that's not good for pilots who want to move up.

Medeco

When will pilots (mainline and regionals) stop shooting themselves in the foot?

Last edited:
When will pilots (mainline and regionals) stop shooting themselves in the foot?

...your one of those firing those shots into the feet...On another thread you are shooting down the idea of a national list...Now you want to return "regional" flying to "what it was".....Why do we even have "regional" flying? At one time there was no such thing....The mainlines did it with the "prop" planes...You are falling into the exact trap that got us into this mess....You are trying to define "regional" and "mainline" flying....What happened to "airline" flying?

Just out of curiousity....can you tell us which two regionals you flew for and what freight job you had?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back