• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA ALPA message makes me wonder?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah lets go to Delta/NWA/UN/AA/CAL and have what will be a 15-20 year upgrade, and then you
are in your 50s and upgrading to capt-in a horrible base and back to reserve=NO THANK YOU !!!

Oh but you can do a 10-15 hour flight, and the hotel room is not ready when you get there, because the crew that is taking the aircraft out, just left the hotel= HERE again NO THANKS !!

One of the most selfish statements I've read on FI. Ask your coworkers if their goal is to stay at a regional, as I stated above, a majority(not all) would probably prefer to someday fly at a major.

Selfish? Of course it is. Did you notice that I was describing what would be good for me?

Who exactly do you think my career is all about? My coworkers? Pilots at other carriers?

Um, no.

My goal isn't to try to bail the sinking ship that is the American airline industry...it's to get as much out of it for myself and my family as I can while I'm here.

I'll be happy to check back in with you in a few years, when I still won't feel compelled to make sacrifices to 'save' the industry.

Yes, it's selfish, it's my career!

Selfish? Of course it is. Did you notice that I was describing what would be good for me?

Who exactly do you think my career is all about? My coworkers? Pilots at other carriers?

Um, no.

My goal isn't to try to bail the sinking ship that is the American airline industry...it's to get as much out of it for myself and my family as I can while I'm here.

I'll be happy to check back in with you in a few years, when I still won't feel compelled to make sacrifices to 'save' the industry.

Yes, it's selfish, it's my career!

Son, you've got a lot to learn about this industry. Thank God for your (and my) sake those who came before us, who build the foundation to give us the opportunity we have today, didn't have your attitude.

Grow up!

Yeah lets go to Delta/NWA/UN/AA/CAL and have what will be a 15-20 year upgrade, and then you
are in your 50s and upgrading to capt-in a horrible base and back to reserve=NO THANK YOU !!!

Oh but you can do a 10-15 hour flight, and the hotel room is not ready when you get there, because the crew that is taking the aircraft out, just left the hotel= HERE again NO THANKS !!

Everyone has different goals. Just like I was knocked for presuming everyone wants to go to a major(which I clarified) you assume that once at a major pilots want to upgrade. Many career F/O's who do very well with pay and QOL flying heavies that are happy in their seat.

Son, you've got a lot to learn about this industry. Thank God for your (and my) sake those who came before us, who build the foundation to give us the opportunity we have today, didn't have your attitude.

Grow up!

Actually I'd say he has already learned all there is to know about this industry and this busines...It is every man for themselves.....

I'll start bugging you on this thread also since you like to tapdance around the question....what great regionals did you work for and how much are you currently being paid as a NWA RJ driver? Tell us what a "real" airline pilot makes.....

Maybe I'm just willing to say what all of us who have no plans to ever work for a major have been thinking.

I'll let you know if I change my mind, but this position really has it's roots in what have been core ideals for me.

Maybe I'm just willing to say what all of us who have no plans to ever work for a major have been thinking.

I'll let you know if I change my mind, but this position really has it's roots in what have been core ideals for me.

Good for you JP....many think it, but are afraid to say it....

History seems to suggest that the pilots are among the weakest of influences responsible for the 'demise' of the industry.

Whatever, I'm not trying to pick a fight.

You have your values, I have mine.

Actually I'd say he has already learned all there is to know about this industry and this busines...It is every man for themselves.....

I'll start bugging you on this thread also since you like to tapdance around the question....what great regionals did you work for and how much are you currently being paid as a NWA RJ driver? Tell us what a "real" airline pilot makes.....

I gave you my response on the "insanity squared" thread.

Funny how as soon as you post on the majors thread you get lots of negative responses. People see right through your crap.:laugh:

I gave you my response on the "insanity squared" thread.

Funny how as soon as you post on the majors thread you get lots of negative responses. People see right through your crap.:laugh:

You attacked ASA and CMR pilots...and yet you are embarrassed to admit who you worked for in the past....We see right through you.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back