ASA ALPA Atlanta elections

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK, y'all, time to talk elections.

Just got an email from Frank Ramsey, says he's going to run for captain rep. How y'all feel about that, concerning his history in ALPA (recalled as MEC chairman about 6 years ago)? Got an email last week from Mike Schnor, running for FO rep.

Who else is running? Nick Tomlin (current Strike Chairman) put posters up, but I haven't heard anything else from him. I heard a rumor Farruzi (current FO Rep) was going to run but haven't seen anything from him either. Anybody know anything about the elections? Rumors? Good dirt?

When are the ballots coming out and when is the election? Are those the only people running?

JB, the last time I voted for a coalition was for you, LJ, and an FO whose name I've forgotten. I was let down especially by you for not doing the job you were elected to do, and embarrassed at the way you attack ASA/ALPA. Nothing personal JB, and I still respect LJ as she did good things at one time for the ASA pilots.

Mention of a coalition from you alerts me to an ulterior motive on someone's part that won't benefit the majority of the ASA pilots. I voted for LJ and her coalition years ago thinking it would create balance in the MEC and different opinions but obviously other self-interests took over. No thanks JB.

Hoser

Any pilots running for office needing little Joey Merchant's support is like a flat chested woman needing the support of an underwire bra---it is not required or desired!

When his older girl friend ran for Captain's Rep in 2003 she got 44 votes. MW got over 100 and Newie received 300 +. Joey and his girl friend, did I mention that she is a lot older than him, are as trustworthy as ASA MANAGEMENT and are even LESS effective. I apologize in advance to all members of ASA management for using them as a yard stick of comparison to these two infamous turn coats.

LOL! Faruzzi- Oh deer sweet little baby Jesus...........

I'm interested in knowing more about this four person consortium of pilots that may be runnings. Maybe we can squeez some intelligence out of this thing and come up with a tactful way of producing adequate results. I would prefer to use the strike option as the absolute last resort.....that's sorta like the "Nuclear Option". Especially after having already gone through one- It's not like some people are making it out to be, from what I gather on this forum, anyway.............

There is currently a coalition of 4 pilots that are considering running as a team. They are still in the discussion phase and all the names are not final. They are proposing a platform that would promise either a TA or a release within 90 days of taking office. If this isn't achieved, they will resign. This TA would include hourly payraises for everyone. Trip and duty rigs, Per diem increase, Scheduling/QOL improvements, 401K improvements, Sick time improvements, and most important job security including the halt of aircraft transfers. Job security will be priority number one. To answer your questions, no I am not one of the 4.

If you want more information, PM me.

Interesting strategy for a campaign. If we don't get what we want, we will quit. I don't think this coalition will be getting many votes.

Maybe they feel strongly enough that they can get it done they won't need more than that. You might as well flip it and say "we are going to need the full term to get results". Either way- I want the old MEC out, and everyone associated with it.

Maybe they feel strongly enough that they can get it done they won't need more than that. You might as well flip it and say "we are going to need the full term to get results". Either way- I want the old MEC out, and everyone associated with it.

Even more ridiculous. At least JM has a plan. You apparantly have an axe to grind with our MEC and will take anyone with a heartbeat as a replacement. I sincerely hope you use better judgement when filling out your ballot.

Even more ridiculous. At least JM has a plan. You apparantly have an axe to grind with our:smash: MEC and will take anyone with a heartbeat as a replacement. I sincerely hope you use better judgement when filling out your ballot.

Why not change it up? Obviously the B-O-B game plan hasn't worked, let some one that wants it done, do it. "not drag it out" "wait for economy" or what ever. Just vote though! Try not listen to the masses use your own mind. Its your career, family, and future.

Why not change it up? Obviously the B-O-B game plan hasn't worked, let some one that wants it done, do it. "not drag it out" "wait for economy" or what ever. Just vote though! Try not listen to the masses use your own mind. Its your career, family, and future.

I'm not saying you can't change it up, but voting out your MEC just to get new blood is retarded. All I'm saying is vote your conscience. Don't let anyone decide for you. Make your own educated decision.

Latest resources

Back