• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA.....almost paperless!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's because I'm following you RIGHT NOW. I'm in your living room watching OVER YOU. Making sure you're NOT LYING on your W&B report. Brian Ledousche is paying me to do it too.

Trojan

That's why your number, not mine, is listed on every W/B report I run.

Now if we can just get the FAs to hang up the PA and close the door, we'll be great.

/quote]

I know! Mine was so slow that every time we finished the paperwork last week with 1 or 2 mins left till D0, she is walking and jabbering halfway down the aisle! I would jump out, hand out the paper work, and close the door....You should have seen how she looked at me, and everytime I had to explain that I am trying to get an on time departure. I know she is just trying to do her job, but at the worst time.

I have flown with USC Trojan many many times. I would watch this guy. He is a trouble maker.
haha.

Now if the captains would just release the freaking break when the door closes. 2 guys in one week wouldn't release the break ASAP, so now I have to get sneaky and do it when they aren't looking. It's gonna take some time for this new fangled ACARS crap to seep into the thick skulls out there.

Now if the captains would just release the freaking break when the door closes. 2 guys in one week wouldn't release the break ASAP, so now I have to get sneaky and do it when they aren't looking.

And you do this only after you politely reminded them to release the brake, right?

Trust me when I say that after 6 months of ACARS, you will wonder how you ever lived without it.

Fuel is the easiest number to manipulate in order to get someone on the jumpseat.

Beware of some outlaying airports (OAJ) where sometimes the "No Comm" message appears...

When you relaese the break the ACARS sends the time and FOB via VHF. Wouldn't that show a conflict between what you input and what the ACARS reads as FOB?:confused:

When you relaese the break the ACARS sends the time and FOB via VHF. Wouldn't that show a conflict between what you input and what the ACARS reads as FOB?:confused:

Not always when you just release the brake. Sometimes it takes 4 or 5 ft of a push back to trip ACARS.

Usually a figure of about 200 lbs fuel burn between gate and takeoff. You can enter that into the ACARS, and more times than not that 200 lbs makes a world of difference when you are trying to get someone on.

Also.. there are tricks with ACARS you will figure out if your company is now going to use those times as your flight block times to figure pay. ACARS can be zeroed out...this way you can call in a time if you "had a problem with ACARS starting at push back."

The fuel is manually entered in ACARS on our aircraft. Not automatically read by the system. No dispatch person has any idea what fuel we received from the truck at the gate, and more times than not it is +/- 200 lbs from the release anyway.

The fuel is manually entered in ACARS on our aircraft. Not automatically read by the system. No dispatch person has any idea what fuel we received from the truck at the gate, and more times than not it is +/- 200 lbs from the release anyway.
I don't think we do automatic ACARS trip for FOB...but you might wanna ask your dispatcher if they can "ping" you before saying "No dispatch person has any idea..."

In case you are interested...a quick ping to my ORD-DAY flight sitting at the gate in ORD shows they have 6722 lbs. FOB...322 lbs over planned RLSF...and about 10lbs less than what it was a few min ago...so I can also tell you the APU is running.

I don't know about your company, but I would call that "having a pretty good idea" how much FOB they have. :D You would be amazed the things we can do/see with ACARS without you knowing we are doing it.

And you do this only after you politely reminded them to release the brake, right?

YES! Believe it or not people just don't read how the ACARS works. And some guys are so stuck in their "flow" that they are afraid to just reach down and drop the brake for a second. All I ask when I fly with a new captain is that they let the brake go when the door closes so this poor FO can get paid!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back