• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA.....almost paperless!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How can you lie about your fuel onboard when the ACARS system automatically sends the FOB when the out time is transmitted?

That too. "OUT" fuel is very accurate. "OFF" fuel is a little FUBAR because of whatever reason (fuel sloshing as the FO tries to find the centerline/ proper slip angle for crosswind liftoff (if any)).

How can you lie about your fuel onboard when the ACARS system automatically sends the FOB when the out time is transmitted?

At ASA our times are transmitted via ACARS but we're still supposed to call in our fuel burns, can anyone explain why? Our out, off, on, and in fuel is in the ACARS along with the times so why is this necessary?

At ASA our times are transmitted via ACARS but we're still supposed to call in our fuel burns, can anyone explain why? Our out, off, on, and in fuel is in the ACARS along with the times so why is this necessary?

It's because they never trusted YOU Shamrock. ;-)

Trojan

It's because they never trusted YOU Shamrock. ;-)

Trojan

Jeez, it took you what, 30 seconds to respond? Don't you have some triathlon training to do or something?

And I don't lie about my fuel, EVER. I don't need to, for some reason I always have 10+ kids onboard so I'm not weight limited unless I want to be.

Jeez, it took you what, 30 seconds to respond? Don't you have some triathlon training to do or something?

And I don't lie about my fuel, EVER. I don't need to, for some reason I always have 10+ kids onboard so I'm not weight limited unless I want to be.

That's because I'm following you RIGHT NOW. I'm in your living room watching OVER YOU. Making sure you're NOT LYING on your W&B report. Brian Ledousche is paying me to do it too.

Trojan

That's because I'm following you RIGHT NOW. I'm in your living room watching OVER YOU. Making sure you're NOT LYING on your W&B report. Brian Ledousche is paying me to do it too.

Trojan

Oh no!!! I haven't been on here in years, I fly one trip with USCtrojan and I'm sucked right back into it!!!!!!!!
Thanks!!!

P.S. Just finished a bottle of Trader Joe's! Hope you're enjoying the same!!! Tom

Last edited:
So how did day one of ACARS w&b go?

Not bad, except not one ramper or gate agent knew about the switch. Had to explain to them that all they get now is a signed release.

Now if we can just get the FAs to hang up the PA and close the door, we'll be great.

It's really not that bad. Only took 1 flight to learn how to do it, and after that it was a piece of cake. Not much longer than the time it takes to initialize the FMS.

Way to go Brad.:beer:

Latest resources

Back