• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA.....almost paperless!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After SkyWest worked out "most" of the quirks with this ACARS W/B, things should be pretty smooth over there. You will have your instances where you will have to pull out the old pad and pencil, but rare.

What's really great is in 6 months when you get an airplane with deferred ACARS and have to remember how to do a paper manifest...especially with a newer person in the right seat...who wasn't around for a long time before ACARS. Talk about a flail.

After SkyWest worked out "most" of the quirks with this ACARS W/B, things should be pretty smooth over there. You will have your instances where you will have to pull out the old pad and pencil, but rare.
I <3 the words "Flight Data Mismatch".

What's really great is in 6 months when you get an airplane with deferred ACARS and have to remember how to do a paper manifest...especially with a newer person in the right seat...who wasn't around for a long time before ACARS. Talk about a flail.

After 5 years in the right seat it wont be a problem on my flightdeck. But I can see were it might in others.

Medeco

Trust me when I say that after 6 months of ACARS, you will wonder how you ever lived without it.

Fuel is the easiest number to manipulate in order to get someone on the jumpseat.

Beware of some outlaying airports (OAJ) where sometimes the "No Comm" message appears...

Temporarily the TLR will be the back-up, but within 6 months there will probably something else. Probably a call to DX, which should keep the number ACARS deferrals down.

And your point is? As long as I am legal on paper, and the faa can't touch me, I don't care.

Try taking a look at the news lately. The FAA isn't playing with sling shots anymore.

They can touch you! Your career could be cut short.

However, I sure would love a ride at your expense.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
How can you lie about your fuel onboard when the ACARS system automatically sends the FOB when the out time is transmitted?

Latest resources

Back