• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA 70 Seat Cost

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, before I spank the monkey....ie....you amcnd, let's begin with what I said on my post. If you re-read my post, you'll see that I say 30 LCP's. That's LCP's, not IPs. Since the seperation of the training department, you're either a LCP or an IP. Hence, you have no idea what YOU'RE talking about. You are correct to say that ASA has more than 30 "flight training" pilots under the umbrella of the Training Department. But, there is a difference. So, again.....who's your momma? About the Mormon church, you're again wrong. No one, beside an idiot....ie...again.....you......can say that the Mormon church doesn't have a HUGE influence on Skywest Inc.. Since every board member beside 1 is a member of the Mormon church, how much influence do you think the church has on Skywest priorities? I'm guessing ALOT. So, I'll retard it for you. If you have a board that is comprised of many members of a "cult" and you have MANY employees as members of a "cult", then wouldn't you say the church has a royal flush with Skywest Inc.? Damn, spanking the monkey is fun AMCND. Third, I assume you're right about many instructors in SLC since it's shrinking. But being there's only 2 that are based there, that wouldn't be a lot. You might see other LCP's, not IP's out there doing line checks, but they are probably DHing in. So you're assumption of there being tons of IPs (you're again wrong because they're LCP's) out in SLC is yet again untrue. You let me know when the monkey has had enough........

Oh ya, Mahone....I have no idea what you mean by that. If you're assuming that the village called for its "idiot" , then read the previous post and I'll re-connect them to you. Have a flaming time......

whatitdoing? said:
Ok, before I spank the monkey....ie....you amcnd, let's begin with what I said on my post. If you re-read my post, you'll see that I say 30 LCP's. That's LCP's, not IPs. Since the seperation of the training department, you're either a LCP or an IP. Hence, you have no idea what YOU'RE talking about. You are correct to say that ASA has more than 30 "flight training" pilots under the umbrella of the Training Department. But, there is a difference. So, again.....who's your momma? About the Mormon church, you're again wrong. No one, beside an idiot....ie...again.....you......can say that the Mormon church doesn't have a HUGE influence on Skywest Inc.. Since every board member beside 1 is a member of the Mormon church, how much influence do you think the church has on Skywest priorities? I'm guessing ALOT. So, I'll retard it for you. If you have a board that is comprised of many members of a "cult" and you have MANY employees as members of a "cult", then wouldn't you say the church has a royal flush with Skywest Inc.? dang, spanking the monkey is fun AMCND. Third, I assume you're right about many instructors in SLC since it's shrinking. But being there's only 2 that are based there, that wouldn't be a lot. You might see other LCP's, not IP's out there doing line checks, but they are probably DHing in. So you're assumption of there being tons of IPs (you're again wrong because they're LCP's) out in SLC is yet again untrue. You let me know when the monkey has had enough........

Not quite true-
Most IP's live in SLC or Utah, don't hold me to this but I think only 3 live outside of Ut. out of the 32 or so RJ IP's

There are alot of LCA's in SLC because it's easier to focus the training from that point.

To be a IP you must first be a LCA and a Sim CA, not that it is required by the Feds it's just the way it's done.

Not sure about your stats on the BOD's affiliation but my guess is the SLC pilot ranks are around 50 -70% LDS, and the other domiciles close to the per capita percentage.

The Mormon church anti union agenda is probably more closely tied to the conservative republican bench more than anything, my opinion.

LOL....good point. But at ASA, you're incorrect about the LCA first before IP. I guess, if you look at how it was done in the past, the IP would come first and then he/she would be a LCA giving PC's and Lofts. And I know only 2 LCP's are based in SLC. That's it, no more. You might, like I said before, have a few that DH out there to get the job done or do a route observation, but that's all. ASA seperated the Training Department to either Standards or Flight Training. All pilots assigned to Standards are LCP's and only a handful of the IP's on the Training side are qualified to be PC/Loft/type facilitators or what we'd call LCP or DE's. Most do groundschool, CAT II training, or RGT. I'm not bashing you CFIT, just stating the facts.

whatitdoing? said:
LOL....good point. But at ASA, you're incorrect about the LCA first before IP. I guess, if you look at how it was done in the past, the IP would come first and then he/she would be a LCA giving PC's and Lofts. And I know only 2 LCP's are based in SLC. That's it, no more. You might, like I said before, have a few that DH out there to get the job done or do a route observation, but that's all. ASA seperated the Training Department to either Standards or Flight Training. All pilots assigned to Standards are LCP's and only a handful of the IP's on the Training side are qualified to be PC/Loft/type facilitators or what we'd call LCP or DE's. Most do groundschool, CAT II training, or RGT. I'm not bashing you CFIT, just stating the facts.

I can see the companies approaching from different ways.

Just so I am looking at this correctly, is a LCP the same as what I referenced as a LCA (Line Check Airman), able to do IOE, Line checks, and route checks?

Then we have Sim Check Airman, able to do PC's, RLOFT's, and some do initial sim training?

We also have a group of Designated Examiners for the type rides, I think there are 6 or 7 of them.

Do your instructors teach sim, LOFT, and ground school, no flame, just asking?

You are correct!! LCA are LCP's. They are the same. Yes, you are correct in saying you have LCP's doing Lofts or PC's on the Flight Training side. But you have a limited number of LCP's on the Flight Training side while all pilots on the Standards side are LCP's. My point being, we don't have 103 instructors making 70 seat captain pay since some can't hold 70 seat captain. If you don't get the override of 1 hour for each event (linecheck or ioe) then the expense that was referenced for the 70 seater isn't true. It was posted earlier that by getting rid of the instructors "overrated" pay, it would solve the problem of 70 seat costs. It was also stated that instructors weren't doing anything for the line pilots and implied that they were making all sorts of cash with a "screw you " mentality. Sim instructors usually don't even break the 95 hour guarantee. Since we only have around 30 or 40 LCP's that make that override, then cutting all instructor's pay would have little effect on the 70 seat cost structure. You've been correct in all your statements, I just pointed out that since the seperation, not all pilots in the training department are LCP's or LCA. But you can be an instructor and never do a line check, loft, IOE, or PC and only see a classroom. That was my main point. Hell, things are so confusing, they aren't even called "instructors" anymore. They're called "facilitators". It's a legal issue since you're facilitating experience during IOE, not instructing in a 121 carrier with passengers. Oh well...

I'm a LCP and I am confused after that thread???????

Yep, me too!

HoserASA said:
Hey VoiceOfReason, whatya think about this issue?

Hoser

Well Hoser, your not going to like it, but I think our 70 seat pay will look more like the industry rate than our current rate. Either that or we lose the 70 seaters. CMR and SKYW are paid a lot less to fly the 70. Even the Delta pilots just agreed to fly the E190 for $95 per hour at the top end.

AVoiceOfReason said:
Well Hoser, your not going to like it, but I think our 70 seat pay will look more like the industry rate than our current rate. Either that or we lose the 70 seaters. CMR and SKYW are paid a lot less to fly the 70. Even the Delta pilots just agreed to fly the E190 for $95 per hour at the top end.

You are management right??? Scott? Brian? Come on tell us the truth.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back