Asa 600tt/100me?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
high time prick.s read on...

to all you guys that think your crap don't stink cus you had a couple thousand hours when you got hired, eat SH$T! you all would've killed for a chance to get a job with low time and don't say you wouldn't. i had a couple grand before i got hired, i wasn't pay for training, but i would have taken the classes if i had the chance!

those young pups that are now getting hired are going to be DAM.N good pilots in the RJ or whatever they fly. i have found that more captains don't know what the hell to do with the autopilots AND FMS's. The new guys have had flight simulator 2004 and are sharp as hell on FMS and Autopilots!

before you bash, realize this, these guys are going to flying your a$$ someday when you are nonreving as a 61 year old. You guys should help them to learn and give them experience. Last i recalled most of you guys got experience from others and your own flying experiences! Don't act like none of you had soime lucky breaks in your life to get this job. even if you do PFT, you still gotta pass the interview and the sim and training!!

i know all of you OLD FARTS are gonna respond. thats fine, you have a right to your opinion. But i am younger than all you old farts and i can run circles around your fat A$$!

Ron Burgundy-"HEY everyone come see how good i look!"

Airtower said:
to all you guys that think your crap don't stink cus you had a couple thousand hours when you got hired, eat SH$T! you all would've killed for a chance to get a job with low time and don't say you wouldn't. i had a couple grand before i got hired, i wasn't pay for training, but i would have taken the classes if i had the chance!

those young pups that are now getting hired are going to be DAM.N good pilots in the RJ or whatever they fly. i have found that more captains don't know what the hell to do with the autopilots AND FMS's. The new guys have had flight simulator 2004 and are sharp as hell on FMS and Autopilots!

before you bash, realize this, these guys are going to flying your a$$ someday when you are nonreving as a 61 year old. You guys should help them to learn and give them experience. Last i recalled most of you guys got experience from others and your own flying experiences! Don't act like none of you had soime lucky breaks in your life to get this job. even if you do PFT, you still gotta pass the interview and the sim and training!!

i know all of you OLD FARTS are gonna respond. thats fine, you have a right to your opinion. But i am younger than all you old farts and i can run circles around your fat A$$!

Ron Burgundy-"HEY everyone come see how good i look!"

he's got a point

The FAA should lower the retirement age to 40 and get rid of all the old guys who complain about us younger guys all the time. Its amazing they were once in our shoes how quickly the forget.

While you are spot-on in your comments, and I agree with your statement, but your delivery sucks. Perhaps that is more in-line with what you can understand?

There's a bit of humility involved in this profession, as I'm sure you have seen.

Any Honeywell or Collins avionics suite is a piece of cake to learn, especially for the computer generation. The hardest thing I've ever screwed with is a Universal FMS, and its not too bad, just not what I would call intuitive.

FurloughedAgain has presented the best argument from the higher-time pilots, but an RJ is much easier to fly than a Beech 99/1900, Metro or Jetstream. Does that make it any better? No...but I'd be more than happy to ply my time in a Baron at night, then a Jetstream with an 8 month upgrade if I could be at a major by age 25 or 26. But the paradigm has shifted...so here we are. Let's deal with it and make it better, if many of us are destined to be a 50/70/90 seat pilot for our careers.

hey boiler, how ya doin?

life must good good boiler. you get teach unsuspecting students, who are ready to fly every day of your life! thats just fun isn't it! Now, while your teaching a student steep turns. Me and my friends are flying a jet at the rejionals. Now i know it is not as much fun as instructing, but i like it.

I can not believe you would not give your left nut to fly a jet.

OOOPS, i forgot, you are going into the guard. that makes you the best pilot ever with 10,000 hours of instructing and 5 DUI's on your record getting mad because your students are captains before you can even get an interview.

sorry!

Airtower said:
I can not believe you would not give your left nut to fly a jet.

Temper your Shiny Jet Syndrome there, sport. I HAVE flown a jet - look at my aircraft experience. Been there, done that, got the merit badge. I've landed on 22R at O'Hare and made Papa so I didn't have to go all the way around the airport to get to Signature. Its fun for about the first 5 trips or so, then it becomes a job. Its not really work, but its a job nonetheless. But to answer your question, yes, I do enjoy instructing. Some of us were put on this rock to do more than fly an 82 hour line.

But if it makes you feel any better, I've declined class dates at two regional airlines in the last 5 weeks. So NO, I would not give my left nut to fly a jet. Sorry to disappoint...

Dude said:
Blueridge,

Please refrain from talking out of your hiney. The 700 is very senior in SLC and half Sr/Jr in ATL. The lines do suck but if you are on the top half of the list the type of flying is worth the longer trips. (Trying to put a positive spin on the lines) An ATL CPT in the vicinity of 400 or so in sen bid FO SLC to be there.
The previous poster was correct about growth in SLC; the only way to get there as a newhire is through rapid growth in SLC. I fly the 700 for ASA and feel marginally qualified to comment.

Actually Blue ridge wasn't speaking out of his hiney, dunno what your definition of senior is but SLC FO went in the low to mid 1600's or Jan. 05'

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back