Asa 600tt/100me?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FCNelson said:
Likely the fact that on first year pay at ASA, you'll make a whopping $25k with minimal pay and days off accounts for the fact they're having trouble attracting qualified applicants. They're getting applicants, YES, just not qualified applicants. Anybody QUALIFIED has the brains to not go there. ASA is just a sweat shop disguised as a regional airline.

For your information in about an hour ill be in day 1 of ASA ground school and am looking quite forward to it. Yes the first year pay sucks, yes I have to move, etc. But Its better than my 60k charter job where I was oncall 7 days a week. Something you have probably never done. And I have 2,700 hours, yes I have some brains. I think everyone on this board is lacking them in some way though, if we were smart we wouldnt be commercial pilots (and yes that counts for major airlines too). Oh, btw I just turned 21 too...

Zach

To all you pilots with low times complaining about how you are fit for a regional job, please understand this: Although your flying skills may be up to par and you are smart as hell, what you do lack is experience. YOu might not think that sitting in the right seat of an airplane for 1000 hours flight instructing is much, but the experience you gain from your students making mistakes helps you out in the long run. I can tell you first hand, as I start to apply for airlines right now, that I have learned so much since i started teaching and I know way more than i did the day after I passed my CFI checkride

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back