Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Old Crow said:
Has ASA ever made sense?
I am type-rated in the CL65 with several thousand hours of CRJ PIC from another regional airline and was turned down in their phone screening because I did not meet the 100 hours in the last 6 months! What an absolute joke!

timetoquit said:
I am type-rated in the CL65 with several thousand hours of CRJ PIC from another regional airline and was turned down in their phone screening because I did not meet the 100 hours in the last 6 months! What an absolute joke!

They don't want to stray from their minimum requisites. If they let you in, they'll have to get rid of that requirement. They don't want to waste time getting people up-to-speed on sim day one and two. Sim time is expensive. Sounds like you're qualified to go somewhere better anyway.

av8tor4239 said:
QUIT B!TCHING about the 700.. You want to talk about SUCK lines.. look at the ATR BID PACK..... Hell, We have 37 lines and 60 FO's... That means 18+ RESERVE LINES.. Half our lines are RESERVE!

We have 4 days where the first day is 7 legs going into a reduced rest 9 hour over night... THAT IS THE FIRST day of the 4 day! OH yea and we only have 3 destinations outside of Georgia and Alabama!

Guess what.... They wont let us off the ATR EITHER.. NEWHIRES ARE GOING EVERYWHERE... BUT THE CRAP POSITIONS...

I DONT WANT TO HEAR IT FROM ANY 700 PEOPLE!

BooHoo!!!!!!!

FurloughedAgain said:
I agree with those who say that another 500 (or 1000... or 2000...) hours dual given is probably not going to prepare you for Part 121.

But you know, there was a time when even those minimum times weren't enough to get hired by a commuter.

MOST of us went from CFI to either single pilot night freight, or charter, before interviewing with a commuter.

It was during that time -- flying single pilot, IMC, at night -- that I really learned. Decision making. Confidence. Real-world IFR experience. And the ability to say "No" when asked to do something unreasonable or unsafe.

So add me to the group that thinks that 600TT just isn't enough. Sorry guys.
another wise post from the sage.

my learning pretty much stopped when i got into part 121, other than to read the asinine memo du jour put out by management and parrot my compliance. i was a far sharper pilot in every respect as a night freight dog.

timetoquit said:

I know someone with a similiar story. He went out and GOT the 100 in 6 and still no dice. After a little asking around, what I was told (off the record) was furloughed guys who seem likely to be recalled in the near future are less likely to get called here. They're worried about losing the training investment I guess. We're still hiring furloughed guys, but most of them seem to be low or no PIC turbine, so I'm guessing they are percieved as being "stuck" here for long enough to recoup the training costs.

Hopefully, something better will work out for you anyway. Best of luck.

rumpletumbler said:
Can somebody explain reserve to me?

It's like being a doctor on call. You are very important to the company, and you must wait by the phone for an emergency. They call you, and you become a hero by saving the day. Some think it is slightly less glamorous than being a real doctor.

Smacktard said:
It's like being a doctor on call. You are very important to the company, and you must wait by the phone for an emergency. They call you, and you become a hero by saving the day. Some think it is slightly less glamorous than being a real doctor.

lol...well that would certainly cut down your alcohol consumption. I wonder why they don't call it "on the wagon" or "drying out" rather than reserve.

Rumpletumbler..... It is the same thing martha stewart is going through right now... HOUSE ARREST

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back