• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Open a PDX base = to expensive, company is shying away from it.

SEA ETOPS base within a base = negotiations. Not enough time.

Grow LAX = to much soft time, not as efficient.

Grow ANC = short term answer to the problem coming in 2.5 months.

Last rumor I heard from the ANC LEC was about 20 new Capt seats in ANC with no reduction to SEA or LAX. That means a recall for some great people we all want back on the line.

Take note that the ANC base is suppose to have 80 F/O's. The BCP said that we actually have about 64 now due to mil leaves and what not. So we need to gain 16 F/O's off the street to get back to what we are suppose to be staffed at, before we even begin to talk about extra ETOPS flying that starts in March.

I think the tide has finally turned.

They know what they are doing. The last two times they let the pilot group vote, I got $crewed. I have more faith in my MEC to do the right thing than this pilot group.
Who do you think wrote the memo that killed the MOU? Most of the guys that voted it down didn't even bother to actually read it. An MEC officer told them it hurt his feelings and 30 guys lost their jobs.

Not sure what you mean by "soft time" in growing LAX (honest question). Why is it any easier or more efficient to a get a crew from ANC to PDX, OAK, SJC, or SMF than from LAX. It seems both bases should grow which is what I hope happens rather than the base w/in a base.

Open a PDX base = to expensive, company is shying away from it.

SEA ETOPS base within a base = negotiations. Not enough time.

Grow LAX = to much soft time, not as efficient.

Grow ANC = short term answer to the problem coming in 2.5 months.

Last rumor I heard from the ANC LEC was about 20 new Capt seats in ANC with no reduction to SEA or LAX. That means a recall for some great people we all want back on the line.

Take note that the ANC base is suppose to have 80 F/O's. The BCP said that we actually have about 64 now due to mil leaves and what not. So we need to gain 16 F/O's off the street to get back to what we are suppose to be staffed at, before we even begin to talk about extra ETOPS flying that starts in March.

I think the tide has finally turned.

I don't really know why an ETOPS pairing with ANC pilots is more efficient than an ETOPS pairings with LAX pilots. I'm only passing on what the BCP told me. He said the computer pairing builder / "Sodimizer" said that ANC was more effcient.
I too hope that they grow ANC and LAX rather than a base in a base at SEA.

let your reps know how you feel

Let your LEC reps know how you feel on this ETOPS issue. Either way, there will be a position bid coming soon, probably in January. Close by end of Jan, award by early February, training begins in time to cover the March/April ETOPS routes. I don't forsee an ETOPS agreement in time to affect the upcoming bid...

More ANC ETOPS means Seattle flies more of the "other" ANC flying and perhaps gets some Arctic quals back?

More LAX ETOPS means Seattle flies more of the domestic/Mexico LAX flying, etc.

or... the dark horse is the PDX base. In that case all three bases lose some flying and positions (CA and FO).

Lots of balls up in the air, and I hope our block hours increase to bring back as many of our furloughed pilots as possible, increasing the CA positions too.

Merry Christmas,

I want to know what ALK is doing with 1.3 Billion in CASH and marketable securities? Up 30% in the last 12 months! FUPM!
I am glad I left the Error Group, nothing changes. I hope for the guys on the street (a lot of them friends) get back soon. Merry Christmas and I hope it turns out to be a happy new year.

I am hearing SLC to be announced early in the new year.

I was told by that guy in Marketing w/ the British accent that SAN & LAS to multiple Island destinations was to also happen.

Also talk of Horizon inner-Island...Huh.

Would be GREAT to see things grow sooner than later! Let's get those guys on the street back ASAP! And making SEA an ETOPS base is NOT the way to do it!

Baja.

What is an SLC?

Inter-island would be a terrible idea. Ask Hawaiian, Mesa, Aloha (RIP), Island Air, Mokulele, Molokai Air, Pacific Wings, HATS, exc.. There are more airlines than airports there.

Latest resources

Back