• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ANC & LAX - "Just Say NO!" Keep the ETOPS in base and build our respective bases. If we give in to SEA then we're just stupid.

Baja.

ANC & LAX - "Just Say NO!" Keep the ETOPS in base and build our respective bases. If we give in to SEA then we're just stupid.

Baja.

I don't think you are going to get much support for this one. To do this, the company will have to displace pilots out of SEA. Nobody wants to commute.

...The MEC sees through this and knows that management's time frame is just that, management's time frame. They made their bed, now they have to sleep in it. I don't think they realize that there are a lot of pilots who would love to see a PDX base, all bluff and bluster aside. I certainly would and feel that it not only gives the company more flexibility, but would result in the most recalls.

CP.

I hope you are right, however, I am not so sure.

In the Negotiators Notepad our negotiators made the following statement..." Due to the now-tightening time frame, it does not appear that we will have time to conduct full-scale polling on this subject. "

This does not sound like the kind of statement that would come from negotiators that was immune to the artificial time pressures the company was placing on them.

They know what they are doing. The last two times they let the pilot group vote, I got $crewed. I have more faith in my MEC to do the right thing than this pilot group.

I don't think you are going to get much support for this one. To do this, the company will have to displace pilots out of SEA. Nobody wants to commute.

Or what Banana? Let them have ETOPS in SEA and watch the flying leave LAX & ANC? I think NOT! Watch this thing play out...you're gonna see stalling on the pilot side to the point where the Co will have to grow LAX & ANC or open PDX. SEA will most likely get the ETOPS some day, but not by Mar/Apr. Thank Goodness for local LEC's - It's nice to have someone watching our backs!

Baja.

This does not sound like the kind of statement that would come from negotiators that was immune to the artificial time pressures the company was placing on them.

It is not an artificial time pressure. See my post above. They are actually running out of time.

Now, who is to blame? Well the schedules are run by marketing, period. So they decide when and where the airline goes. After that, flight ops runs around with thier head cut off for a while, trying to figure out how they are going to staff what marketing decides. I don't think there is much communication between the two prior to deciding new routes...at least it never appears that way. So in the end they run out of time if all the stars don't magically align. In this case they already furloughed too many. So now they are caught with their shorts around their ankles wondering how in the world they are going to staff 950 new hours of flying per month by June.

I'm pretty sure the Union is not caving in easy on this one. I actually have a lot more confidence than usual on this one.

Well the schedules are run by marketing, period. So they decide when and where the airline goes. After that, flight ops runs around with thier head cut off for a while, trying to figure out how they are going to staff what marketing decides. I don't think there is much communication between the two prior to deciding new routes...at least it never appears that way.

You missed the step where marketing calls scheduling and asks, "Do you think enough people will VSA to cover all of this flying?"

I don't think there are any steps that really involve FLTOPS.

Oh, wait there's the part where FLTOPS sends emails to everyone and says, "Gee, guys, it'd be real swell if you'd pick up extra flying."

Latest resources

Back