• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I deleted the post that had the more specific reference (the original poster actually contacted me after I posted my warning and asked for it to be removed, good on him for it, too).

You know how I feel about people who pick up open time while people are on the street, but as a Mod, I have to uphold the rules.

How you doing these days, Mook? :)

FYI... There is a captain doing his last flight today and retiring. Very good guy. Said he will miss the flying but has had about all he can take from the mgmt/political side.

Im hearing an increase in the PDX base by 40 lines starting after the first of the year. Bid to come out Sept or Oct. No increase in staffing just more shifting of bases around. Anybody else hear the same stuff?

Yes. I've heard several versions. The latest was: effective Nov. 1st, moving people from LAX to SEA and PDX with no word on recalls, Bid out at the end of the month.

We have had a couple of retirements, so I think there would at least have to be a couple of upgrades and a few recalls.

You would think that is so, but the pilots have proven time and again they will pick up the slack with overtime and junior available. The crew scheduling breaking point has not been reached. They will push farther and use that as the new staffing benchmark.

You would think that is so, but the pilots have proven time and again they will pick up the slack with overtime and junior available. The crew scheduling breaking point has not been reached. They will push farther and use that as the new staffing benchmark.

Man, just think of all the open time available if 50 or so CAs retired. Holy moly... :)

PDX growth

I sure hope that the rumor is true and that there is a fall bid - but I would not expect it to be effective until Jan 1, 2011. If the company waits six months then PDX is no longer considered a new base and they won't have to pay any moving costs.

The giant 5 year pause button will eventually end and we can all get our careers moving again. I keep counting down the days!

I hear you with the big 5 year pause button. I used to have the paper version of the retirement #'s at 60 but it went in the round file a while ago. Does anybody have the breakdown of retirements now ?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back