• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why does everyone think that LAX is going to get shrunk? Aren't they moving to a bigger terminal with more gates? Wasn't it just a couple of years ago management was talking about future growth plans for LAX?

Why does everyone think that LAX is going to get shrunk? Aren't they moving to a bigger terminal with more gates? Wasn't it just a couple of years ago management was talking about future growth plans for LAX?

I think that the part about the growth coming in the form of SkyWest CRJ 900s was in really small print.

With all that is going on this winter, it may turn into a bigger mess than the summer. Everyone going through training, increased vacation times, a couple of retirements, ETOPs SEA and PDX, and now for fun add in some move days for everyone. All of a sudden my furlough doesn't look so bad. At least I won't be caught in this mess.

Oh, don't worry... they'll just send out more memos encouraging the premium trip & VSA heroes to save the day. Of course, the heroes will oblige.

Picking up premium & VSA trips = profit = growth = recalling furloughs (eventually).

They way I see it, premium/VSA = profit = growth (purchasing -800 & -900ER airframes) = company looking at further reducing pilot staffing.

Okay, so I'm grumpy... always have been. :)

With all that is going on this winter, it may turn into a bigger mess than the summer. Everyone going through training, increased vacation times, a couple of retirements, ETOPs SEA and PDX, and now for fun add in some move days for everyone. All of a sudden my furlough doesn't look so bad. At least I won't be caught in this mess.

So what's up with the letter TK and GB sent out to the furloughs? Is it a hint of some positive news or the hot poker in our lifeless careers? One day BT is saying no recalls until 2012 and the next day this letter. Gotta love this roller coaster...where or when does one get off the ride?

The warm comfort letters and calls are a subtle ploy to find a future gathering of recall numbers. It is matter of not 'over' recalling too many pilots back on property, example; recall 93 for 50 actual; off a future vacancy. The earlier recalls(13), everyone got a call(and many picked up the phone), before the certified letters were mailed, which aided them(company) in refining a better staffing/cost assement.

Do not want to bring back too many pilots too soon do we?

So what's up with the letter TK and GB sent out to the furloughs? Is it a hint of some positive news or the hot poker in our lifeless careers? One day BT is saying no recalls until 2012 and the next day this letter. Gotta love this roller coaster...where or when does one get off the ride?

Just wondering what the letter said?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back