• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nothing false about this my friend, but will find out on Monday. that is the latest word for the bid. I would love to eat my words on this one.

Last edited:
PDX base will not happen. It's not cost effective for the relatively small group of pilots that would be based there.

ALK ALPA "Management has indicated to us that in addition to bid 2010-04, another bid will be posted shortly, and that this upcoming bid will likely involve the creation of a new Portland base."

Ouch, did that hurt?

Recalls can only come after the final award comes out for the bid on Monday. So essentially we wouldn't know until the awarding of that bid. Of course, if there are the same number of vacancies in PDX as reductions in SEA, well then......

....where did I put that Govm't cheese?

According to GB, BM, and Greg Haage at the SIC summit, there were 25-30 MORE guys come back from LOA from the last bid starting April 1 than they expected. Each said they expect recalls this year, but wouldnt give numbers. pdx base coming, it will not be ETOPS, and they still want SEA ETOPS. Min growth 2% and BT wants double that the last half of the year.

Mookie

Full recalls, new PDX base, SNA co-terminal back, all bases grow & get ETOPS, more days off, more $$$.....

That's what I want for V-Day!!!

Baja.

How can they be surprised by the number coming back from LOA? I thought LOA's were for a specific period of time.

You can come back from a LOA to participate in a bid. I would bet these guys wanted to see where they will be after this shake up. The majority will go right back on LOA when they are awarded ANC.

Latest resources

Back