• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am more fuzzy about these numbers. 12 are coming back right? So this includes voluntary leave, mil leave, voluntary furlough, AND involuntary furlough? But I thought the voluntary furloughs, LOA's and MilLeave people were supposed to participate in the bid...so my understanding was that after the bid...and after all of these people participated there were 12 vacancies (actually 16 then 14 then 12). So who is getting calls? Aside from involuntary furlough guys - who are we not sure about? If you were on a leave or mil leave don't they KNOW when you are coming back, and didn't you participate in this last bid? My understanding was that only 2 or 3 people actually participated in the voluntary furlough programs that didn't eventually get furloughed anyway. Does anybody know the actual numbers?

Anyway, I thought I was beginning to understand the whole thing but it seems to have gotten much fuzzier in the last couple of days.

I think it might help if we reserved the word "recall" only for people coming back from INVOLUNTARY FURLOUGH. Some posts here seem to be applying the word to people coming back from various leaves which is adding to my confusion.

Sorry if I seem a little frustrated but the silence from the company and especially our union is a quite annoying. Neither saying anything about the 2 position reduction on Thursday was ridicules...nobody saying anything about these calls going out on Friday/letters going out on Monday is inconsiderate at best.

Last edited:
Clear as mud, right? Get this. If the recall reaches you, you may NOT bypass unless you are under an employment contract. BYpass without a contract is the same as resigning your position. I had never heard about this type of language before. Not applicable in my case, but anyone who has found a job doing something else (likely outside aviation) and wants to bypass awhile had better spend some time talking to JB.

Clear as mud, right? Get this. If the recall reaches you, you may NOT bypass unless you are under an employment contract. BYpass without a contract is the same as resigning your position. I had never heard about this type of language before. Not applicable in my case, but anyone who has found a job doing something else (likely outside aviation) and wants to bypass awhile had better spend some time talking to JB.

That seems contrary to the Letter of Understandings that the union signed a few months ago.

Amazing that you could FORCE someone to come back to the bottom of the list without just bypassing. It's their gamble.

Gup

Talked to a couple of buddies...Recall has gone at least 10 deep on the involuntary recall list.

To those coming back...welcome back. To those still waiting, please know we have not forgotten you and look forward to the day we can all sit reserve together once again!

To those coming back...welcome back. To those still waiting, please know we have not forgotten you and look forward to the day we can all sit reserve together once again!

I'll second this!! Welcome back guys. Finally some good news. I hope Mgmt realizes they still need more this Summer.

CP

From ALPA today...

"there are provisions in MOU 09-07 (Voluntary Furlough) and LOA 09-07 (Bypass to Recall) that need to be considered during the recall process."

Hope this helps if this is applicable to anyone.

Latest resources

Back