• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Union e-mail says company not planning to recall any and people coming back from leave will fill the gaps.

I don't see anywhere where the e-mail says the company is not planning to recall any. What it does say is:

While this bid contains 13 currently unfilled positions, these open positions are not for furlough recalls. Management has forecast these open positions will be filled by pilots returning from leaves of absence.

and...

Pilots who currently are on furlough will not participate in this bid at this time.

We'll have to see how many of the "I'll go when I'm 62" crowd actually go through with it. I hear 5 have decided there is more to life than this company and are actually planning to go in the next few months.

There are two finishing up class right now and a class of 6 started yesterday. All returning from LOA. I've got my fingers crossed for all of you.

Why are we sitill bidding Senior Qual stuff on this bid? I thought it went away and assuming I could get one ( I can't) why would I want one, are they still using them and getting the extra pay anymore?

Last edited:
If I recall, the SQ position stays in our system until the specific guys / gals who are currently holding the SQ slot, give it up for upgrade. The SQ position is then not backfilled, and no pilot is harmed in the removal of the SQ position. On the last little bid that we just had, one of the ANC SQ positions went away this way.

Congrats to the PDX guys! Talked to a friend down there yesterday who was thrilled out of his mind, but with a little less than a decade with the company he is hopping that he can hold it (as an FO). My money says it will be the senior base. To all you X-QX guys - welcome home!

I was gonna say, it's been pretty quiet from the PDX commuters. I would have thought we would have heard a giant scream of relief from them! Anyone know how many LAX FO's are planning to move? (I'm hoping this moves me up the list some):)

While this bid contains 13 currently unfilled positions, these open positions are not for furlough recalls. Management has forecast these open positions will be filled by pilots returning from leaves of absence.

and...

Pilots who currently are on furlough will not participate in this bid at this time.

What they're saying is: "We hate you furloughed pilots"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back