• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Furlough Mitigation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's the thing about MemRat. 84% of the pilot group wasn't willing to gut the contract.

Some of you guys are WAY out of line attacking the pilot group. Ask you friends at other airlines how many furlough mitigation programs they have at other airlines.
We don't need to. Most of us have worked at enough other airlines with strong, dedicated pilot groups to make valid judgements. Having mitigation programs doesn't mean a thing if you VOTE AGAINST implementing them.
Remember, this company does NOTHING that doesn't benefit them first.
Neither does the vast majority of the individual pilots.

Y'all love to regale us with tales of it being an epic struggle against management. It is. The thing you're missing is that it isn't YOU against them, its US against them. You just abandoned 30 families behind enemy lines.
This is the same bunch of guys who sit around all day wailing that Allegiant and Virgin are undercutting them and destroying their ability to earn.

Last edited:
Snap,
You need some love and counseling; man, you really have snapped. With your comments, I can't differentiate between you and the selfish VSAing 60+ geezers - me me me. Do you have experience with how this management operates? If not, please shut your cake hole.
If you get furloughed, do the rest of the furloughed/soon to be furloughed brothers and bypass SK's furlough $$$. You squeal louder than a stuck pig!

Snap,
You need some love
All 30 of those families did.
I can't differentiate between you and the selfish VSAing 60+ geezers - me me me.
That one's already been answered:
Senior/VSA guy: "It's more important for me to make some extra money than it is for you to make any money"
Still waiting for your answer..................................................

There would have been 30 less names on that list. (NOT me, me, me)
30 Families.
30 Mortgages.
100 or so PEOPLE.
Couple a dozen Children that will get to put the "Christmas that Daddy didn't have a job." in their memory bank.
Grown men that have to move in with In-laws.

I've got to know. What, exactly, are your reasons for selling them all down the river when you could've prevented it? What did you get in the trade? What do you now have that is worth what they have all lost?
If not, please shut your cake hole. You squeal louder than a stuck pig!
You never know, maybe the Mods will give you an opportunity to vote me off the property. Maybe you'd sit there and tell a guy it's no big deal that he just voted away your livelihood, but not me. This is the consequences of your actions.

Last edited:
All in favor?

Snap,
You need some love and counseling; man, you really have snapped. With your comments, I can't differentiate between you and the selfish VSAing 60+ geezers - me me me. Do you have experience with how this management operates? If not, please shut your cake hole.
If you get furloughed, do the rest of the furloughed/soon to be furloughed brothers and bypass SK's furlough $$$. You squeal louder than a stuck pig!

I second the motion.

Give Snap a break. His heart is in the right place. It his hyperbolic rhetoric that undermines his message.

Snap,

I agree w/ Snap 100%....If I didn't have to get asleep to cover my 4th turn in a row and wake up @230a I'd type a little. It's coming - don't you worry. But I can tell you, after 6 furloughs & 6 airlines...This is the WORST most SELF centered pilot group I have worked for. Nuf said - If I could leave for the same $$ - I would. Eat your young...what a joke! 24 to go..look out!

Baja.

If I hated the people I worked with that much, Baja, I'd go work somewhere else.

I second the motion.
The guy that hatesyesmen won't answer. Maybe you will.

There would have been 30 less names on that list.
30 Families.
30 Mortgages.
100 or so PEOPLE.
Couple a dozen Children that will get to put the "Christmas that Daddy didn't have a job." in their memory bank.
Grown men that have to move in with In-laws.

I've got to know. What, exactly, are your reasons for selling them all down the river when you could've prevented it? What did you get in the trade? What do you now have that is worth what they have all lost?

No hyperbole here. I'm not claiming y'all did anything other that exactly what you've done. If that clashes with whatever you tell yourself to make it seem like it didn't happen, that's on you.

Last edited:
There's nothing anybody can do about you being furloughed. Make a point out of trying to enjoy this free time in your life because it's time that you will NEVER get back...being miserable will not help you or your family.

OK, I'll flame.

So I'm supposed to enjoy a time where my family lost it's entire income, I have to scrape by just to make ends meet, and hoping the next call is the one that will bring me back. I see.

Well, in that case, I'll give you a call from the multiple carnivals in various cities around the world that I'm going to visit during my happy time off.

Give me a break.

Latest resources

Back