• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Article About DELTA Cuts...NW furlough comment by Reader

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ahhhh...you're the one everyone has on ignore...let me add you as well. I hate board clutter from flight sim'rs.

Board clutter? LMAO! Thanks. Maybe you could post more of your whining BS! It makes for entertainment. Now, about that rock?

I thought Delta was hiring as soon as the merger was done? Guess we cannot believe info on this site....wishful thinking at best.

Did you mean to say "not"?...
Or did you mean "now." ARE the pilots eligible for Early out program? I would think having that would be good?...

The article says the pilots are not eligible for the program.

I'm sure it can be argued both ways but what I took from the article is that they are trying to retain upper management and pilots. Offering severance packages for non returning positions.

There is a cost to furloughing and my feeling, after reading, is that they do not want to incur the cost.
It could easily go the other way - that's just my take on it.

What's your take on it?

We would have been hiring, but all of the banks decided that it would be good to come clean before the business friendly administration left office.

The cost to furlough with the CPZ flow down is quite great. Get rid of that and the cost to furlough the bottom few 100 becomes close to nil.
This flow, IMHO is the sole reason that we have not furloughed.

ACL65PILOT...can you explain this Compass flowthrough? Why would it be so expensive and why would management really care? Delta has always had a reactive mentality, so furloughing or incuring the cost of flowdown won't matter. They'll see 12,000 pilots on a list with shrinking domestic bookings. I was also wondering what your productivity at Delta looks like. Everyone that I know says they're hardly flying and sitting at home. Doesn't sound too productive to me. Anyhow, just looking for info, not flame baiting.

Last edited:
ACL65PILOT...can you explain this Compass flowthrough? Why would it be so expensive and why would management really care? Delta has always had a reactive mentality, so furloughing or incuring the cost of flowdown won't matter. They'll see 12,000 pilots on a list with shrinking domestic bookings. I was also wondering what your productivity at Delta looks like. Everyone that I know says they're hardly flying and sitting at home. Doesn't sound too productive to me. Anyhow, just looking for info, not flame baiting.
Flying my azz off on the 88. Full almost everytime.

Latest resources

Back