• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Article About DELTA Cuts...NW furlough comment by Reader

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The cost to furlough with the CPZ flow down is quite great. Get rid of that and the cost to furlough the bottom few 100 becomes close to nil.
This flow, IMHO is the sole reason that we have not furloughed.

Anyone know if DAL is approving PLOA's?

Hi!

I don't know about PLOA's, but the pilots can't take the early buyout. None of my NWA/DAL buddies have said anything about PLOA's. I would guess with the schedules that are coming out, that the need for new pilots will be flat for 6 months or so. They would have to cut the mainline schedules a good amount to necessitate pilot furloughs, in my opinion.

cliff
GRB

Hi!

I don't know about PLOA's, but the pilots can't take the early buyout. None of my NWA/DAL buddies have said anything about PLOA's. I would guess with the schedules that are coming out, that the need for new pilots will be flat for 6 months or so. They would have to cut the mainline schedules a good amount to necessitate pilot furloughs, in my opinion.

cliff
GRB
Correct cliff. We are just north of 360+ pilots heavy for the spring sked. Now they are looking at future bookings to determine long term staffing requirements. But as you state, we would need another pull down in our flying for furloughs to be a overall cost savings for the company!

I am sure that if they wanted to they could, but it is like shooting yourself in your own foot.
There are reasons that CPZ was created. Plus, it shares the same MEC as the NWA pilots and soon to be DAL pilots have.

Latest resources

Back