• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Army Warrant Officer advice please

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flight physical complete. Everything looked good, but still waiting for my blood work to come back.

Will have to wait until Monday since my recruiter office will be closed for the weekend.Kinda sucks having to wait, never have had any blood problems or sickness issues, but still frustrating waiting. Hope that burger and chips the night before doesn't mess anything up! I ate like 14 hrs before the exam, but still curious.

Your new hobby will be waiting in the Army.

Not making light of the stress, I know full well the frustration of waiting on USAREC and the WOFT packet process. Mine took 1.5 years to put together.

Stick with it, the payoff will come.

Good Luck!

1.5 years!! I guess I can't feel too bad then..I've been at it about 30 days..And that's because I've had to do each step week by week because of babysitting issues. Probably could have gotten most of it done the first few weeks.

Just waiting on rec. letters and the packet will be done.

Retirement pay for all ranks is based on 20 years of active federal service and your pay grade when you retire, consequently the higher your rank when you retire, the higher your retirement pay. There is a long formula they use to compute your actual retirement pay but rule of thumb for planning purposes if you only do the 20 year minimum it will come out to a little more than 50% of your highest base pay for the last three years. Your retirement pay usually gets adjusted upward each year for COL.

Remember the key point that AirCobra brought up is that retirement is based on BASE pay. No flight pay, BAH, BAS, etc.

RLO's (Regular Line Officer i.e. 1LT, CPT, MAJ...) will make more base pay that CWO's

Look up DFAS and search the Pay Charts

Are there other flying assingments for the Army besides instructing?

As a Warrant you 'Track' in a specialized field.

The Following are the options:
1. IP (most flying)
2. Maintenance Test Pilot (most work)
3. Safety Officer (most paperwork)
4. Tac Ops Officer (???)

What kind of career progression does the IP track include? If you go the maintenance route what does that include? Thanks.

After being being an IP for a while you go back to Rucker for the 'IE' (Instrument Examiners) course. After that most generally become an 'SP' (Standardization Instructor Pilot) and you are the one that 'Standardizes' the unit. SP's train/evaluate IP's

Maintenance Pilots are Maintenance Managers and manage the units maint activities. They are the ones that also perform the Function Test Flights and usually the Maintenance Operational Checks after maintenance folks fix something. Long hours for little flight time usually.

Both have distinct benefits.

Latest resources

Back