• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ARI BEN: 100HRS Multi Time Building

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As I understand it, it's all loggable as PIC...but some is safety pilot time.

You fly with a partner
Half the time under the hood, half the time as SP.

-mini

I'd say save your $9000 and go to someplace like Action Multi in Groton, CT. Get your MEI and start teaching. Let others pay for you to build time.

I went there for my Commercial ME and was walking out with the certificate after a little less than 6 hours in the airplane. It cost like $1500 back in '02...don't know now, but it was a good group of guys. You get all the stuff you need to know a few weeks prior and you better know it cold or it ain't gonna work! Its not a walk in the park, unless you've studied and chair flown the stuff for hours!! All told, I was lucky enough to be a CFI someplace that has a charter department. Never needed to get the MEI and was hired to fly their twin with those same 6 hours I had earned 5 months earlier. I was lucky. There are tons of guys who are way more experienced who could've gotten the job. I just happened to be in the right place. Now, 4 years later ~ 2 jet types and 1500 ME...1240 of that Jet.

You can get lucky sometimes. I hope you do, too.

If you have your MEI and the other guy does not, would it be justified to log the time you are in the right seat as dual given (instrument) and then the time you are in the left seat log it only as PIC with a safety pilot name.
(I"m only referring to doing this in the 100 hr program)

Thoughts?

If you have your MEI and the other guy does not, would it be justified to log the time you are in the right seat as dual given (instrument) and then the time you are in the left seat log it only as PIC with a safety pilot name.
(I"m only referring to doing this in the 100 hr program)

Thoughts?

If you're paired up with several different pilots it might look a lot better in the logbook than safety pilot time. Logging dual with the same person for many hours looks suspect. Also, will Ari-Ben allow this type of time logging to take place. Perhaps they prohibt logging dual in thier aircraft unless it's one of thier instructors.

Latest resources

Back