• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ARI BEN: 100HRS Multi Time Building

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would say on average the Dutches fly 18 hours aday. It is a great idea and definitly away to maximize the fleets potential. Honestly it is a great concept and a great school. From what I have seen while I was there the instructors are top notch and even though the planes are how shall I say it hmmmm been around the block a time or two are well maintained. If you squawk it they fix it and if it is something major they will do whatever it takes to research it and take care of it.

Flying there gives you real world experience. If you're use to mommie and daddy new 2006 c-182 or uncle's king air then this isn't the place for you. This is a place to LEARN the life of a freight dog. You guys will be puppies in training.
*You will fly 10 plus hours a nite.
*Sometimes the GPS isn't working.
The paint on some of the plane are not as nice as granny reading room, but you will gain experience in all types of weather. I PROMISE YOU!! You will learn to pay attention to you partner and critique him. No time for sleepy flight attendants. If you're a MEI like me it would be all PIC any way. You will get lots of IMC. I PROMISE YOU!!!! This will in fact teach you a lesson after your big test. And for you Regional guys, the airline can't gets enought of us. When the weather is throwing that be-76 around and you're praying to god, you're in fact getting a lesson that the flight school didn't and couldn't prepare you for. Sitting your @$$ for 5.7 hours at a time for 100 hours would infact let you know if this is the type of stuff that i want to do for the next 20 to 30 years. The maintence is great. I PROMISE YOU!!!! The different adventures and airports that you'll visit is better.
This will put you instrument skills to the test. This plane cockpit is almost just like the navajo pa-31. Think POSITIVE and watch the jobs call ya'. As a safety pilot you'll learn things because that new person you're flying with my be sleepy on there instrument skill. You could learn alot from a dummy.

This is a very well informed post. I remember when I was just a freight puppy slinging N6047W(retired after 40,000hrs) around the patch at FPR. I am a product of Mike's pro course and was an instructor for Mike. I even gave some dual given to Ari-Ben himself, which the school is named after. Great times, Great times I tell you. Anyway I went on to fly a PA-31-350, and I tell you brothers it was like riding a bike. Getting in the chieftan at night in the IMC reminded me of time building at the aviator in the Duchess. Man that chief was sweet!! She had the panther kit and the windows were full limo tint in the back. She looked mean and fast!! Now i'm a full grown freight dog pushing a falcon20 around doing approaches to mins, raw data just like the duchess.

FWIW:

I did the Ari-Ben time building in the early part of 2004. I left there and went to work flying a Navajo. Interviewed with XJET, got offered the job, declined the offer. No problem with the log books. Kept with the -31 for another year. Moved into a King Air for a year. Moved into a Learjet.

Where I instructed we didn't have a single twin. So it was either nickel and dime here and there or go get above the 100 mark. The flying was at night. The airplanes MX was a good as rentals get. Nothing fancy when I was there. I think they have Garmins now.

Latest resources

Back