• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ARI BEN: 100HRS Multi Time Building

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From my experience time building there they don't really look at who logs what. It is based on the honor system mostly.During my time building there I think I have flown with 2 CFI/II MEI's. Alot of times you are paired up with guys just trying to break the 100multi ceiling or even some of thier Pro-Pilot students that are working towards thier 250tt for a commercial.

It is like anything else you can make the most out of it or just go out and fly 2.5 hr to Keywest and comeback. Do what I do challenge yourself and your partner look at the weather fly somewhere that there is going to be clouds. In the remarks column on your IFR flight plan ask for practice apr along the way. I have created several different routes that I have used that allow myself and my partner to get 4.0-5.0hr flight time and get 8-12 different practice apr and a hold or 2. If you challenge yourself that way you will learn something from both seats work as a crew use CRM treat every hour preparing for the next level and it is money well spent.

Flying there gives you real world experience. If you're use to mommie and daddy new 2006 c-182 or uncle's king air then this isn't the place for you. This is a place to LEARN the life of a freight dog. You guys will be puppies in training.
*You will fly 10 plus hours a nite.
*Sometimes the GPS isn't working.
The paint on some of the plane are not as nice as granny reading room, but you will gain experience in all types of weather. I PROMISE YOU!! You will learn to pay attention to you partner and critique him. No time for sleepy flight attendants. If you're a MEI like me it would be all PIC any way. You will get lots of IMC. I PROMISE YOU!!!! This will in fact teach you a lesson after your big test. And for you Regional guys, the airline can't gets enought of us. When the weather is throwing that be-76 around and you're praying to god, you're in fact getting a lesson that the flight school didn't and couldn't prepare you for. Sitting your @$$ for 5.7 hours at a time for 100 hours would infact let you know if this is the type of stuff that i want to do for the next 20 to 30 years. The maintence is great. I PROMISE YOU!!!! The different adventures and airports that you'll visit is better.
This will put you instrument skills to the test. This plane cockpit is almost just like the navajo pa-31. Think POSITIVE and watch the jobs call ya'. As a safety pilot you'll learn things because that new person you're flying with my be sleepy on there instrument skill. You could learn alot from a dummy.

Flying there gives you real world experience. If you're use to mommie and daddy new 2006 c-182 or uncle's king air then this isn't the place for you. This is a place to LEARN the life of a freight dog. You guys will be puppies in training.
*You will fly 10 plus hours a nite.
*Sometimes the GPS isn't working.

Curious, is this how they allocate their time. The career students fly during the day and the ME time builders pair up to fly their 100 hrs. at night?

You know that it's harder to fly at nite. No horizon or reference. Just hardcore IFR through different airspaces and major airports. Flying and landing for the puppies now has to become a feel and usually by the numbers. It's also a great training environment for the students who are to scared to talk on the radio. Slow enough to understand but fast enough to speed up with confidence for the yuppy puppy Regees Wannabby

I totally agree, but I'm wondering whether the school established a policy permitting their career students fly during the day and the timebuilders at night.

RakeMan

Yep! The flight training is told up front of this. If the time builder take the plane during the day then there wouldn't be enough plane for the JA and AMX students whois trying to nail the fundamentals. This is a good way to make money 24 7 for Mike and his ex girl friend TJ slash co owner.
Flying the length of time and experience is best maintain for puppies with greater attention span. LOL!!!!
The only down fall is, it's not HI-PO time. Each engine is 180HP not 200 plus per side.
But it close to a PA31 (Navajo). With an endorsement and a checkride the system look the same with just different V speeds. Easy transitioning I think.
I could even take out the seats and drop you about a couple of dozen rakes for those hard to reaches hairy @$$ back scratches, add a venting machines, an empty gallon water bottle to pair for underoos and this puppy would bulldog out under the next full moon.
I PROMISE YOU!!!!!!

I can honestly tell you that in doing this I am a much better pilot. I have had more experiences in the last month then I could ever imagine. You can fly day or night in all weather in provide yourself with great opporunities to learn and polish your skills. Like I said before go out and work your butt off just don't fly for time. Fly to challenge and educate yourself.

Amish feal free to PM me with any questions.

I can honestly tell you that in doing this I am a much better pilot. I have had more experiences in the last month then I could ever imagine. You can fly day or night in all weather in provide yourself with great opporunities to learn and polish your skills. Like I said before go out and work your butt off just don't fly for time. Fly to challenge and educate yourself.

Amish feal free to PM me with any questions.

Dude, I'm not the one who started this thread or in need of multi at ariben. But thanks.

I was curious though, because someone mentioned that these timebuilders are told to fly only at night.

Yes for the most part you do fly at night. On the weekends you may fly day or night and if you are on a tight schedule for whatever reason they will allow you to fly during the day. I would say my time was 70% night to 30% day.

Latest resources

Back