Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are you sure things aren't bad at NJ too?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My version of "bigger" will be pct of flight crews and airplanes vs. any of the others. I hope it's not true, but I don't see any way NJ can afford to maintain a heavy contract burden in today's market. I originally stated that I though it would happen by year's end. Now I think it will be much sooner.

When it happens, what I will be curious about will be if NJASAP would be willing to renegotiate the contract prior to the furloughs to a lower pay amount that will keep more pilots on the property or if they will just maintain status quo and let the bottom seniority guys drop off. If they attempt to re-negotiate before and take pay cuts to save jobs, I'll eat my hat.

Dude, you're a real piece of work. I bet your mom is proud. They need an FI "Tool of the Year Award" similar to the Darwin Awards. You'd get my vote!

Love the big, blue font as well. That's classy.

Guys ALL I can say is that if you are worried about your job take a step back and look left and right see those planes with cw and lx on the tails?

They will be dissappearing soon unfortunately

Best of luck guys from your friends at Jetblue

Guys ALL I can say is that if you are worried about your job take a step back and look left and right see those planes with cw and lx on the tails?

They will be dissappearing soon unfortunately

Best of luck guys from your friends at Jetblue

hate to tell you but our tails end with QS and the other frac's blinked.

We aren't jetblue and the typical 121 economics don't apply to us.

I think he was saying that FLOPS might not be around for much longer. If FLOPS goes down then NetJets might pick up the slack and save jobs. That is what I understand his statement to say. It is not a slam on QS.

When it happens, what I will be curious about will be if NJASAP would be willing to renegotiate the contract prior to the furloughs to a lower pay amount that will keep more pilots on the property
No I would not be willing.

Here is why.

1. The planes have to move.... If they have to move they need pilots. There will be no furloughs in that case.

2. If the planes do NOT need to move ... You take concessions ... the planes still do not need to move ...

They furlough anyway... because ... you are not needed.

So we take NO CONCESSIONS and when the economy turns around ... the pilots are recalled to a Job with a Salary worth coming back to.

No I would not be willing.

Here is why.

1. The planes have to move.... If they have to move they need pilots. There will be no furloughs in that case.

2. If the planes do NOT need to move ... You take concessions ... the planes still do not need to move ...

They furlough anyway... because ... you are not needed.

So we take NO CONCESSIONS and when the economy turns around ... the pilots are recalled to a Job with a Salary worth coming back to.
You took the words right out of my mouth (keyboard?). Well said.

Of course any personnel change at NJ would be the largest - they are the biggest fractional by far.

As far as the relationship to the contract, I think you will find that FX's cost per pilot is about the same as NJ's. You will notice that these two companies are the only ones that haven't furloughed. Perhaps furloughs are based on company performance, not employee pay.

I would say it is based on aircraft utilization and growth. CS did not take delivery of airframes that we hired for, hence the furloughs, FLOPS is getting rid of airframes, hence the furloughs. I would not be throwing stones at CS or FlightOps. Right now Flex has the lowest aircraft utilization out of the Big 4. CS has the highest. I do not want to see anyone else on the street, but lets be realistic, utilization is WAY DOWN, Fractional sales are almost non-existent, Good luck to us all, EVERYONE is gonna feel some of this downturn before it is all said and done.

Last edited:
Concesssions are the dumb mistake airline unions have committed. Now they have to work to go back where they were decades ago.

I wonder how the new President would feel about thoughts of "no concessions" by his union supporters?

Here's what he said in his inaugural address:

"It is the kindness to take in a stranger when the levees break, the selflessness of workers who would rather cut their hours than see a friend lose their job which sees us through our darkest hours."

Here's what senior nja pilots would have said instead:

"It is the kindness to take in a stranger when the levees break, the selflessness of workers who would rather see a friend lose their job than take a pay cut which sees us through our darkest hours. The junior expecting father would much rather lose his pay and healthcare in this economy than maybe come back some day to a job with less than industry leading pay."

Latest resources

Back