Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are you sure things aren't bad at NJ too?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NetJets has no immediate plans to furlough anyone.

Summary complete.

This is probably true, but the operative word here is "immediate". I hope nobody gets furloughed, but if it happens in NJ, I predict it's going to be a larger number and a deeper cut than any of the other fracs due to the size of the contract.

I would expect some kind of retirement incentive package to be offered before any furlough. And I don't expect either one....

U going to take it gut? :)

This is probably true, but the operative word here is "immediate". I hope nobody gets furloughed, but if it happens in NJ, I predict it's going to be a larger number and a deeper cut than any of the other fracs due to the size of the contract.
Laughable.

Size of contracts have nothing to do with Flight Activity and sales. If there is flight activity to support the need for X number of pilots.... There are no furloughs.

If there is no flying ... 'nother story. That has to do with the economy and repeal of tax-cuts for the rich. Not unions or contracts.

I predict your non-union operation folds llike a tent before NJ furloughs....

Would you like to put your money where your mouth is??

Were you an abused child??? Or are making up for some short coming?? I know you hate NJA and by proxy NJI, but slamming us every chance you get and your continued spreading of hate and fear really does get old. You must really be a joy to share a cockpit with, all flowers, sunshine and jokes, I'm sure.

Of course any personnel change at NJ would be the largest - they are the biggest fractional by far.

As far as the relationship to the contract, I think you will find that FX's cost per pilot is about the same as NJ's. You will notice that these two companies are the only ones that haven't furloughed. Perhaps furloughs are based on company performance, not employee pay.

I purposefully used that term because saying we will never furlough is irresponsible.

Obviously, if NJA has to furlough is is going to be a larger number than we have seen other fracs do in the past. We are bigger than ALL the major fracs combined.

However, for the foreseeable future, I don't see it happening.

I purposefully used that term because saying we will never furlough is irresponsible.

Obviously, if NJA has to furlough is is going to be a larger number than we have seen other fracs do in the past. We are bigger than ALL the major fracs combined.

However, for the foreseeable future, I don't see it happening.

My version of "bigger" will be pct of flight crews and airplanes vs. any of the others. I hope it's not true, but I don't see any way NJ can afford to maintain a heavy contract burden in today's market. I originally stated that I though it would happen by year's end. Now I think it will be much sooner.

When it happens, what I will be curious about will be if NJASAP would be willing to renegotiate the contract prior to the furloughs to a lower pay amount that will keep more pilots on the property or if they will just maintain status quo and let the bottom seniority guys drop off. If they attempt to re-negotiate before and take pay cuts to save jobs, I'll eat my hat.

Latest resources

Back