• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Applying to skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You mean the flexibility to undercut other pilots agreements with your parent company to take their jets? Or you mean the flexibility of working without a contract?

PMFJI, but be careful Fins..... ALPA groups have been undercuting each other for years.... Can you post the Delta EJet rates?

I've heard that SkyWest is revamping their interview procedures. I havn't heard what it intales, but I don't think that your not getting a call. SkyWest has continued growth and attrition planned. SkyWest will continue to be a great place to work. By the way, I voted yes.

A: OK, did any of the SkyWest pilots vote against ALPA due to ASA and Comair pilot's lawsuit over the shennanigans at the ALPA 2000 Board of Director's meeting? Did anyone at SkyWest vote against ALPA as a result of Delta CY96 Section One provisions that restricted ASA from 105 to 50 seat jets with limited 70 seaters and subsequent actions that opened RJ flying to the lowest bidder? Can any SkyWest pilot even describe (one word will do) what the RJDC litigation was about?

B: Or did you vote in the hope that SkyWest would get more than the 26 jets already taken from ASA?

Please let us know before Joe's head explodes.

Last edited:
Worse, their motives continue to be driven by the hope of securing aircraft from other pilots who currently fly those aircraft. Growing by putting others out of work. Some of their Midwest jets are on their third, airline livery.

How well do those Comair 700's fly? After all your company will have 8 of them by springtime. Are these stolen aircraft?
http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/major-national-lcc/asa.htm

Objective enough you clown?

To the original poster of this thread good luck getting on with SKW.

Last edited:
Duck Killer: Don't know, never flew 'em. Two got held up and all are being replaced by CRJ900's.

You have a point, but it is a distinction without a difference. ASA did not take pay cuts to secure those airplanes. In fact ASA stood strong on rates and still got airplanes, proving you don't have to engage whore mode to get flying.

In the real world those airplanes were moved by Delta to protect them during bankruptcy - someone had to take them or they were going back on the market. Delta could only "cross collateralize" a limited number of 200's against the 700's.

Can you post the Delta EJet rates?
Find me one and I'll bid the son of a gun, then let you know.

Truly it is incredible that the pilot who does IOE on a 150,500lb jet makes the same money a IOE LCA makes on ASA's CRJ200. No wonder SkyWest management has been figuratively seen around skunkworks with a copy of the PWA a gas can and matches.

Last edited:
Look I agree with your frustrations to a point, but to liken us to GOjet is preposterous. We didn't have any guys jump seniority for an upgrade, we don't have rock bottom rates and we never voted for a paycut. We trusted management which up to that point had been trustworthy and we got screwed.

Earlier you called for objectivity, and now your leveling all sorts of hair brain accusations for the failed ALPA vote. How do you reconcile that obvious hypocrisy?

My good friend Fins, with all due respect, you are way off base on this one......
Would you, as an experienced observer of this industry, suggest that a friend trade their precious youth for a SkyWest seniority number over the other options out there now?

That is the question.

Look I agree with your frustrations to a point, but to liken us to GOjet is preposterous.
Where is the line? You explain the vote then.... I wrote that pilots on hiring boards should evaluate the individual pilot, but you and I both know SkyWest guys will all get painted with the same brush.

The majority of votes won and I assume the majority of pilots are happy with the outcome.

Last edited:
Where is the line? You explain the vote then............The majority of votes won and I assume the majority of pilots are happy with the role they play.

You would be incorrect. The majority of pilots are becoming disillusioned with the status quo, however ALPA has failed to prove itself as a worthwhile investment for a regional pilot. You can argue that SkyWest pilots are wrong, but in the end, ALPA hasn't done enough to sell themselves lately.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back